Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange TV problem???

Options
  • 08-01-2006 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi.

Not sure if this is the right forum, but feel it is more of a tech issue as opposed to cable.

Recently got Sky-By-Wire from Broadworks. Package includes SS1, SS2, SS3 and SS Xtra.

On the main TV (a 24" Philips WS around 18 months old), the picture on SS Xtra only is fuzzy more often than not. But on the TV in the bedroom (a ZX series TV/VCR combo) the picture is always perfect.

I have tried fine tuning SS Xtra and also tuning it on a different channel, but no better.

Any ideas what the problem may be?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

The signal isn't strong enough for a split feed - Due to a dodgy wire?

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

Lump wrote:
    The signal isn't strong enough for a split feed - Due to a dodgy wire?

John

I don't think there is a split feed-we have separate connections in each room?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

what you could do is....
    take ur ZX tv into the living room.. plug in your signal. If the signal is dodgy, that rules out ur tv...
    next take ur RF cable from your bedroom, and use this in your living room... see what the picture is like...
    bet its your cable.

It'll be split somewhere along the line. It could be a multitude of problems tbh.

John

Thanks guys.

I was thinking of taking any of the the other 2 TVs in the place into the sitting room and seeing what happens.

Alternatively, maybe just swapping cables might reveal the problem.

It just seems very strange that it is only happening on one particular channel on one particluar TV.

• Advertisement

not strange at all! id be definatly tryin the rf cable.. usually causes the problem...

Turns out the problem is caused by the video.

Thanks for your replies.

ye didnt tell us ye had it goin through a video!!!!
    the modulator on th video could be interferin... its possible to change the channel on it so it doesnt interfer anymore

The Doktor wrote:
    ye didnt tell us ye had it goin through a video!!!!
    the modulator on th video could be interferin... its possible to change the channel on it so it doesnt interfer anymore

Apologies, didn't think it was relevant!!!!:o

When you say 'change the channel on it', do you mean the TV or the video?

Video I assume.

John

• Advertisement

on your video.
    Right, I`ll try and explain. Your incomming cable is pluged on to your video, and that is then plugged into you tv. All of the channels are tuned in on your video, so as you can record them. And all of the chanells are in turn tuned in on your tv, so as you can watch them. Now also you Video is tuned in on your TV, so you can watch Videos. In order for it to be tuned in it must be modulated in the same way your tv channels are. If this channel is the same as a tv channel, it can cause all sorts of interference. So you must change this channel that your video is set on.
    How to do this? well, thats your job... lol... it should be in the operating manual for it. Failing that, give the importer a ring and they should either tell you over the phone or send you out instructions on how to do it.

Ok, I think I've got it, e.g. if the video is set to 0 or AV2, change it to AV1 or 35 or something. I'll fool around until I get it figured out or else just leave the video off when I'm watching SSX.

Thanks again.

eh no... lol
    Whats the make and model of your video?

It's a Sharp VC-MH704.

Advertisement