Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband dissapears at tea time

• 08-01-2006 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Living in Greystones area. By BT bb always fails around 4 to 5 pm and stays down for most of the night. BT says it is not a compressin issue on the local exchange. Anyone else got an answer

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hoolie wrote:
    Living in Greystones area. By BT bb always fails around 4 to 5 pm and stays down for most of the night. BT says it is not a compressin issue on the local exchange. Anyone else got an answer

Does the dsl signal go completely or is it that you are knocked off and cannot get back on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Hoolie

Signal goes completly randomnly different times every night.It's fine during the day. The night time availablilty might only be 15%. Happens every night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,040 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I have Eircom Broadband and every night around 3am certain websites are unavailable for 10-15 mins.
    It happens every night,Boards is one of the sites plus numerous other variouas sites.
    Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

Hoolie wrote:
    Signal goes completly randomnly different times every night.It's fine during the day. The night time availablilty might only be 15%. Happens every night

Could something else be happening at the same time that you lose connection? Like your missus switching on a Sky digibox (connected to the phone line).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I have Eircom Broadband and every night around 3am certain websites are unavailable for 10-15 mins.
    It happens every night,Boards is one of the sites plus numerous other variouas sites.
    Weird.

boards does a nightly update/backup at 3am. thats why it doesn't work for 10-15 mins.

For OP, if you have a wireless router in operation, any chance a neighbour switches on their wireless when they get home at tea time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,040 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

boards does a nightly update/backup at 3am. thats why it doesn't work for 10-15 mins.
    Very interesting.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Do you have filters installed?
    Are you using WiFi?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I'm on BT and I've gotta admit I've noticed my broadband go a bit bonkers recently. Downtime of about a half an hour usually. I've often cycled the power or rebooted the router to no avail so I usually just wait it out now.

It happens randomly enough. Often at times that works could be going on though (early morning and weekends). I hope it is gone after the upgrade. I also hope it isn't my router failing.

One strange one though. Sunday, while waiting for it to come back up ... this is the first time this ever happened ... the router listed speeds of 6144 down and 640 up. I kept hoping it'd connect at that speed but no such luck. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Hoolie

No SKY involved or wi fi in the house. There is no electrical activity beginning when the system goes down.
    Hoolie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

neighbours come home and ???? start a microwave ?????

can you make calls ??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you tried a different modem? Just a long shot dont suppose anyone could have set up a time restriction on your router at any stage? (as i say a very long shot:)

Advertisement