Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard to wait for PS3???

• 08-01-2006 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Is anyone who is just buying one next gen console, the PS3, finding it hard to wait for the PS3, since the 360 release, i have been finding it hard to wait for the PS3, sometimes i think i should just buy a 360 but i only want one next gen console, but its hard to wait. since sony is not releasing much information about the release date and the controller still being a conceptual design, and now im hearing news of it being delayed and that the desgin of the ps3 isnt confirmed yet either, although im sure thats just to do with ports on the console

is anyone else finding it hard to resist buying a 360 and wait, i am still gonna hold out and buy PS3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You have already decided you are only buying a PS3 when only one of the next gen consoles has been released? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

shortys94 wrote:
    is anyone else finding it hard to resist buying a 360 and wait

not me anyway. i dont have 100's of euro to be throwing about. i will see what the PS3 is like before buying any of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

PS3 has been put back, your looking at probably autumn this year is my guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i would probably not be buying until October time anyway. 2006 is looking like an expensive time :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

PS3 has been put back, your looking at probably autumn this year is my guess.

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Im happy with my PS2 and will wait on the PS3
    Don like Xbox never did. So is it around autumn
    we can expect to see a PS3 rls? Cant wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Source?

None, Sony keep saying Spring to us, though I doubt they'll be anywhere then. There has been no official word of a release anytime but Spring 2006 (unless it's out of date).

Sony are hard and fast on Spring and will be until they've missed the Spring release in all likelihood.

Most likely I'd say late this year is about right though. They'll be hard pressed to match the Revolution (under whatever name it sees release) though, with a price around €200 they'll be properly ham-fisted if they release just before next Christmas in Europe and the US.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,748 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm waiting for some decent games to appear on the next gen consoles. Frankly there is nothing on the Xbox 360 that interests me and there will probably be nothing for the PS3 that will justify it's price (which will probably be a lot). I'll even wait and see how the Revolution pans out. I donn't get why people rush out and buy a console when there isn't a single reason to get it. Fair enough the xbox had Halo. However had to laugh at people rushing to get a PS2 when all they could play on it was Fantavision and a broken version of Tekken 3 with tarted up graphics for a whole year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Cabelo wrote:
    Sony are hard and fast on Spring and will be until they've missed the Spring release in all likelihood.

Didn't Sony re-emphasise they they intend to launch in Spring, like, last week?

That's my point. They've said Spring so many times now that if they can't make Spring they'll probably wear Spring out before they officially announce any delays :)

Edit: Sorry if my previous post was unclear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

I personally couldnt care less when it comes out. The ps2 has still got allot of life left in it as did the xbox. The 360 has started things off too early and so far not a single game worth buying it for, espcially at the stupid prices for the console and the games are rip off prices.

The revolution looks like it could be good but untill I play a game on it I wont be buying it.

How can you be excited about a console without seeing a single game being played. People who got the 360 are surly dissapointed, at best a high def version of the xbox with a rubbish list of games, and im an xbox fan.

I didnt get the ps2 till vice city game out and Ill be waiting for something as good to come on the ps3 and the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

i think that playstation may well stick to that spring release date but has anyone else realised that it most likely means spring release in japan, it will probably then come out a bit later in the US and then europe as was the trend with previous playstations. this means autumn here which probly isnt so bad, im willing to wait anyway as long as its worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

might not xbox did worldwide release so might force sony to do the same although it would be stupid to to it.

Sony hasn't mentioned a worldwide release. Nintendo is pimping their's and Microsoft is falling apart at the seams with their's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

This artcle on the inquirer seems to be predicting a May release at the very earliest.
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28879

Unless they really get things moving over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

This artcle on the inquirer seems to be predicting a May release at the very earliest.
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28879

Unless they really get things moving over the next few weeks.

Oh we'll see the PS3 in Spring all right, Spring of what year though. I am deadly serious too. I'd say spring next year. May 06 in Japan, Sept 06 USA and Feb 07 for EU. Hope I am wrong but that's my feelings on what'll happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

they couldn't risk loosing the xmas season 07 in europe. that'd be complete suicide for the region for a whole generation

You're right... they'll be fudged anyway by cut price 360s and the undercutting Rev. They'll not miss christmas for love nor money.

Cabelo wrote:
    You're right... they'll be fudged anyway by cut price 360s and the undercutting Rev. They'll not miss christmas for love nor money.

They don't have any production hardware yet, its all pre production, they're still testing and debugging. Working in electronics industry myself I can tell you it takes a long time to work some issues out, you cant throw money and man hours at every problem, it has also been said that the US release will be 6 months after the Jap launch so I cant see how europe will have it before xmas 07. I agree with what you're saying that its marketing suicide and I'd love to see it out this year but ya cant release what ya don't have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

they may have an advantage in the sense that the 360 is getting a lot of bad press being called xbox1.5 and all. a good machine but if sony really pull off a kick ass NEXT-GEN console, they may be able to wait till after xmas 07 but only in europe. Still extreemly risky though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

For about a year after its release people were calling the PS2 a "PS1.5 with a DVD player." People still bought it because they thought it could launch missiles. And remember: A lot of 360s power goes to displaying at high resolutions. Remember also: PS3 will break so easily as to make the 360 "freezing" issue look amusing. That is simply the way Sony make consoles.

For about a year after its release people were calling the PS2 a "PS1.5 with a DVD player." People still bought it because they thought it could launch missiles. And remember: A lot of 360s power goes to displaying at high resolutions. Remember also: PS3 will break so easily as to make the 360 "freezing" issue look amusing. That is simply the way Sony make consoles.[/QUOTE

its understandable that the 360 is gettin bad press as the games for it at the moment aint great, but by the time the PS3 comes out they will have launched some pretty good titles such as oblivion and GRAW, if the premium pack of the 360 actually cost 360euro i'd get both consoles

Advertisement