Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

point and click adventures game

Options
  • 09-01-2006 3:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭

does anyone have any suggestion for relativley new point and click adventure games like Grim Fandago, Blade Runner, Monkey Island that have come out in the past couple of years or are coming out soon or have game companies just stopped making these type of games because I could do without playing anymore FPS for awhile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Broken Sword 3 is rather good, came out about 2 years ago. Can't remember the subtitle of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Sleeping Dragon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

The Longest Journey was supposed to be good.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

quarryman wrote:
    The Longest Journey was supposed to be good.....

Its ok, not great, and a little easy but I guess i cant complain it only cost all of E6.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I recommend the Longest Journey too. It's sequel is coming out this year I think. I also recommend Syberia (I&II) if you can find them. Runaway is OK also, though I think you'll have to import it. Still Life is probably the most recent, it wasn't too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Hydrosylator

It's not for everybody but the last Myst game is out a few months. It's first person view and not conversation driven, and all a bit mad really, so it might not be what you're looking for.

Know the feeling abut fps games though. The last three games I bought were fps, simply because the ****ty chainstores didn't have any of the more interesting game sI was looking for, instead opting to use half a shelf for each ball of ****e update of games that weren't that good in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle, Broken Sword and the Monkey Island games are essential playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I agree. I absolutely love Monkey Island games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Beneath a Steel Sky (arguably the best point and click game ever) is free this month with PC Zone, it's an old game and it'll need DosBox to run but the oldies are the best IMO when it comes to this genre. Have you tried hunting down a copy of Grim Fandango on eBay?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You use ScummVM to play BASS, and it's already free on the ScummVM website. I supose PC Zone would be a good alternative for those without broadband - spread the love :v:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Thats true, theres a link to Steel Sky in the 'Free Games Thread' right here in our very own Boards.ie Game forum. Sam & Max and perhaps the earlier incarnations of Monkey Island may need to use ScummVM too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I saw Broken Sword 3 for the Xbox going for 10 euros in the xtra vision sale.

Advertisement