Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supply and Demand in a certain town

Options
  • 09-01-2006 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hey, I am helping my nephew do an essay on Supply and Demand in the property market ina certain town in Ireland. He can choose the town, I was suggesting Gorey in Wexford since it has exploded in the last few years! Would anyone know how I would find out statistics on a town like that? How the population has changed, what kind of ammenities have been built there to cope etc...

Thanks for you help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try www.cso.ie for population increases, although I'm not sure how much of a history you can get.

You could try the local planning office for the number of planning permissions (there might be a summary list on the council website).

Comparing the current phonebook with an old phonebook (say 10 years old) would indicate what new services are in the area, e.g. look up the number of dentists in Gorey then and now, then hairdressers, video libraries, etc.

Comparing old and new maps might help.

Having personal knowledge of hte town would be useful.

Advertisement