Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warranty on AV Equipment bought in Europe??

Options
  • 09-01-2006 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I plan on buying a new Pioneer system including plasma, dvd and av receiver.

I am just ready now to take the plunge but something that has caught my attention is: if I buy all the equipment from Europe(probs Uk & Germany) will I have to get the equipment back to them to get it fixed should there be any problems or will Pioneer Ireland look after any problems which develop in the first 12 months??

Cheers

Branners

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

branners69 wrote:
    Hi,

I plan on buying a new Pioneer system including plasma, dvd and av receiver.

I am just ready now to take the plunge but something that has caught my attention is: if I buy all the equipment from Europe(probs Uk & Germany) will I have to get the equipment back to them to get it fixed should there be any problems or will Pioneer Ireland look after any problems which develop in the first 12 months??

Cheers

Branners

I have also been looking into this and I can't give you a 100% definite answer. In fact I don't know how much use this post actually is :o

First things first, I believe that nowadays the warranty cards are EU wide and are supported by that manufacturer directly in the EU. A friend of mine said his DVD system's warranty card had a specific check box in the "where did you buy this product" that said "online".

Next, some online shops (for example, Komplett.ie) have specific practices for equipment bought from certain manufacturers and it says to contact them directly if there is any fault.

However, I was reading the manual for one particular piece of equipment that I was looking to buy and it said that in the event of a fault, "you should return to your point of purchase".

I have been meaning to telephone the company directly myself but haven't got around to this yet.

If anyone has any concrete experience could they shed any light on this?

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

It depends on the brand of the equipment you buy. Often Irish importers do not get a warranty from the manufacutrer, they will cover this themselves (therefore getting the equipment cheaper).
    The best thing is to contact the importer of pioneer, but im sure I know what they will say! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

The Doktor wrote:
    The best thing is to contact the importer of pioneer, but im sure I know what they will say! lol

A company called "AV Imports" are the Irish importer of Pioneer,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Ru wrote:
    A company called "AV Imports" are the Irish importer of Pioneer,

AV Imports are ****e!! I've emailed them twice with not one reply and I rang them and was talking to a decent enough bloke but I knew more myself!!

One of the reasons why very very few irish shops stock Pioneer is due to AV Imports so I have been reliably informed!!

Advertisement