Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opening ports on Netopia

• 09-01-2006 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭

trying to open some ports on netopia router but having problems. If i define a custom port eg.
    Service Name *mirc2
    Protocol TCP
    Global Port Range 113 - 113
    Base Host Port 113

it does not open??????

but if i enable one of the services that comes with router like vnc there is no problems the port opens. anybody any help on this or am i doing something wrong. no firewall enabled???

also i have the ports enabled?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

ye i had that in all ready

Service Name *mirc3
    Protocol TCP
    Global Port Range 6660 - 6669
    Base Host Port 6660

but for some reason when i probe the port range it comes up as closed??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

i have reset the router set the firewall to low. added in vnc custom service port opens no problem and can connect to pc thru vnc. i am using www.grc.com to probe my ports. even though the firewall is set to low it still comes up as stealth. i open one of my defined ports (113) and it changes from stealth to closed. i never had problems with mirc before the only thing has changed was the firmware upgrade for the netopia. also i am using avast antivirus now but i have disabled it to test this. not sure if avast would effect it but there is a network shield in that software. i have also tried this on my laptop and same problem so i think its something with the router???

Advertisement