Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheap Windscreen needed.

Options
  • 09-01-2006 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a windscreen fitted, cheap. Or even somewhere North of the border(Newry). Don't mind driving, just don't wanna pay a fortune down here if I can get it cheaper up there.

Thanks in advance
    Neuro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Windscreens are covered under 'most' insurance policies, and do not effect your NCB or premium in any way.

Ring your insurance company to see if this applies to your policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I'm with Quinn, and they only cover windscreens with Fully Comp, I'm only 3rd party.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Quinn told me that none of their policies cover windscreens! I had a cracked windscreen since the sunner (small crack) which I intended to get fixed in the near future. I rang Quinn to ask about switching to their Fully comp policy but the guy on the phone told me that windscreen cover wasnt included when I asked about it. I ended up getting Allied Irish Windscreens (041) 9825257 to replace it in the end. They are based in Dundalk even though they have a Drogheda number. Fast and reliable and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

@neuromancer, where is your local location? That'll really help ;)

I had a broken windscreen a year or two back. My fully comp policy was supposed to cover it, but Hibernian fecked up my policy details. I did get a refund and corrected details.

BUT, because of the screw-up I rang around a few places in the Golden Pages. There was a HUGE variation in prices quoted. I guess this is due then trying to screw the insurance companies. The prices varied from 180 to 450 euro IIRC. That sort of ballpark anyway. I went with 180 price. Guy came to my house, fitted the screen there and then. Had to leave it in order for sealant to harden/go off. Which was fine. Better than having to drive into city centre and leave the car for a few hours for same job.

So advice is, ring up somewhere local to get good price. Ask if there is a 'non-insurance' price. You could be surprised. A callout service might be good for you too, or get it done at work-place. Car's going to be parked up for a few hours anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

As an earlier poster said Allied Irish Windscreens.

Tell them on the phone that its NOT an insurance job and you'll get a much lower price... cash wating etc..,

http://www.aiwonline.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Got a quote for 195+Vat for a winscreen from www.aiwoline.com. is this resonable.

Also, I'm in the North Kildare area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Integra

I'm comprehensive with Quinn Direct and they would only replace my windscreen at the price of a years no claims bonus... They gave me a number of a company where I would get discount with... Called them and they quoted me €750.... Gave Allied Windscreens a call and they quoted me €220 and even fitted it on a Sunday!

The price you got is good too, depends on the car also

Advertisement