Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distorted image on Samsung LE32R41BD

Options
  • 09-01-2006 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

I've had a Samsung LE32R41BD for just over 2 months. It's been working fine, except that on two occasions (once a DVD a month ago, the other a film on TV last night) I've noticed a strange distortion on certain scenes. In both cases it was noticeable on a character's face on a close-up while they were talking, one side of the face seemed normal, but the other seemed to 'wobble' slightly - looked a bit like looking at a warped mirror. It's very subtle - first time you see it looks like your eyes are playing tricks on you.
    Has anyone experienced anything like this on this model? Seems a bit odd it's only happened twice in two months - and only lasts a minute or so, rest of the film was fine.
    Or just on the off-chance that it was the broadcast, did anyone notice anything similar on 28 days later on TV3 last night?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I though my TV was acting up last night aswell.It was on 28 days later on TV3 and it was like the character had their head in a fish bowl--kinda like a blurred effect on their faces with a wobble like water distortion.

Just as well you posted--I really thought something was wrong with the new lcd tv I had only bought on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Hellrazer wrote:
    I though my TV was acting up last night aswell.It was on 28 days later on TV3 and it was like the character had their head in a fish bowl--kinda like a blurred effect on their faces with a wobble like water distortion.

Just as well you posted--I really thought something was wrong with the new lcd tv I had only bought on Saturday.

Thank God for that! Hopefully it was something in the broadcast then. Wasn't even sure how to start explaining it to Samsung technical support - think your explanation is clearer than mine. What model is yours?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Cant remember the model of it but I did try a dvd in it straight away and there was no problem with the picture on that so Im assuming it was a problem with the channel.

Advertisement