Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Dave injured further??

• 09-01-2006 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

From the observer site:

Early reports are that the injury to Batista at today's Smackdown house show in Verona, NY, was a possible torn triceps.

We don't have any other details available. The injury appeared to be from landing wrong after Mark Henry jumped on him in their house show main event. The match had to be cut short and when they right to a finish of Henry using the ring bell for a DQ.

Batista has suffered at least two torn triceps earlier in his career, and is still recuperating from a torn lat. The full extent of the injury has not been determined and it may not be a tear. We don't know if it is the same arm that has been injured in the past or not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Hopefully they'll rest him for a bit now, let him rehab, and get his injuries sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Yeah. He's tearing a lot of muscles in some odd places. Then again, the could very easily be tendon ligament tears either. Either way, he needs to get some time off me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

maybe now's the time to push fit finlay to the main event and have him carry the title in batista's absence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Real pity..unless it saves us from a match against Henry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I've never been one for internet imaginary booking but theres always a first. If Batista is injured I'd place the belt on Orton either by doing a quick fire match if Big Dave can muster it or a tournamnet culminating at No way out with Orton winning the match.
    After last night it looks like Angle has no real program so I'd go by the reaction of the crowd let him win the rumble and then move him to smackdown to face Orton at wrestlemania. Its a fresh match that I think could be really good. And its got a marquee value to it that a main event needs at Wrestlemania.

Then again it might be a whole lot less effort to just bump Rey up and give him the spot. Anyway lets hope its not too bad, especially with his history of tricep injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

now i'm getting slightly worried about having mark henry in the wwe.... not 2 weeks in and he's after giving smackdown and the wwe another thing to worry about where batista is concerned.. :mad: it's crazy. drop the man now and just give him his money

The second any wrestler needs to do things that they have not done before the potential for injury instantly goes up. Batista has never really had to do anything that involved him getting thrown around before. Sure, he had the matches with Kane and Show, but thats not really there style, as big as they are. They just give you a beat down, chokeslam and pin you.

Henry needs to prove the strenght issue, which he is so far failing to do.

Dragan wrote:
    The second any wrestler needs to do things that they have not done before the potential for injury instantly goes up. Batista has never really had to do anything that involved him getting thrown around before. Sure, he had the matches with Kane and Show, but thats not really there style, as big as they are. They just give you a beat down, chokeslam and pin you.

Henry needs to prove the strenght issue, which he is so far failing to do.

we can complain all we want about kane and show being slow and not great wrestlers, but there at least experienced enough.. mark henry can cause and had caused serious injury which is not good..... dude gotta go.... dont want to see his ugly mug on smackdown:mad: give him the rest of his pay and say good bye.... i dont want to see him with the wwe title ether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Then again it might be a whole lot less effort to just bump Rey up and give him the spot. Anyway lets hope its not too bad, especially with his history of tricep injuries.
    You have to be kidding. Give it to JBL, Mark Henry anyone. You cant give the world heavy weight titla to a 165lber

I don;t think Rey will ever get to hold the title.

If RVD came back i'd give him a run for it. Or Jericho.

That would ****ing rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

You have to be kidding. Give it to JBL, Mark Henry anyone. You cant give the world heavy weight titla to a 165lber

God your talking like as Rey Mysterio has the wrestling skills of like the Boogeyman (who I love slighlty less as each week goes by). This is Rey Mysterio. Enough said.
    I'm baffled what can i say. One of the most talented wrestlers the company has. You'd give the belt ahead to Mark Henry! I'd love to see the ppv buys for his run. And JBL who I like too. But as champion? Not again. Look at the ppv buys on his run. The quality of his matches although solid are notihing to write home about either.

Just because Rey Mysterio has nt got the sterotypical look of a WWE champion does n't mean it would n't work. I think it could.

Put Rey in the ring with someone who can work with him and he will put on the best matches that night. Look at his WCW matches against Eddie (RIP) and Dean Malenko. Pure magic.

I have every respect in the world for Rey, and would love to see him get his shot but as i said earlier, i don't think it will happen.

i love to see rey win the wwe title although as long as batista has it, i'll find it hard for rey to get it that way... certainly need a wrestler that would put on a great match with rey.... eddie rip vs rey for the wwe title would have been such great match.... *sigh* but sadly it will never happen:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

When Eddie was champ he defended it against Rey on SD one week. I remember thinkin it was a brilliant match. The outcome was obvious, but I enjoyed it more than most of their matches of last year

Fozzy wrote:
    When Eddie was champ he defended it against Rey on SD one week. I remember thinkin it was a brilliant match. The outcome was obvious, but I enjoyed it more than most of their matches of last year

damn it :eek: :( havent been watching wrestling for a while.... it's only in the last 2 months i've started watching it again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Big Dave is too big. Humans aren't supposed to be that big. Just look at his shoulders. I hope this isn't the beginning of the end for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

damn just read this...the article kinda gives a sense of this being the end of him havin the title..........
    http://www.prowrestling.com/news.php?id=16731/articles/news

its sad i think

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Yeah, wwe.com have just announced that he gave up the title and there's gonna be a battle royal on Sd to determine a new champ.

oh well :( smackdown show is not having great luck at the moment is it, batista injured and out for several months..... and what do u mean he's too big???? look at triple h, he's a fairly big wrestler

Triple H more or less has perfect proportion, or had until he started to slack off on his ab work. Big Dave needs more upper chest and less shoulders.

• Advertisement

jerryadams wrote:
    Big Dave is too big. Humans aren't supposed to be that big. Just look at his shoulders. I hope this isn't the beginning of the end for him.

You have never seen Mr Batista when he was a competitive bodybuilder then. I have some pictures of him somewhere and we try and russle them up for you.

He was coming in about 370 pounds in the off season, competing at about 320 to 330 and he was ripped. Dave's only problem build wise is that his medial delts are a little bit out of proportion and as you said he could use a bit more upper chest. Other than that he is fine.

Hunter has maybe the best chest i have ever seen on a wrestler, but his condition is a bit off lately. He has always been in great shape though and has the advantage of a very good structure and some great, full , round muscle bellies.

Completely agree with everything you've said. Would love to see any pics of Dave you have in his bodybuilding days. Thanks in advance!
    Dragan wrote:
    You have never seen Mr Batista when he was a competitive bodybuilder then. I have some pictures of him somewhere and we try and russle them up for you.

He was coming in about 370 pounds in the off season, competing at about 320 to 330 and he was ripped. Dave's only problem build wise is that his medial delts are a little bit out of proportion and as you said he could use a bit more upper chest. Other than that he is fine.

Hunter has maybe the best chest i have ever seen on a wrestler, but his condition is a bit off lately. He has always been in great shape though and has the advantage of a very good structure and some great, full , round muscle bellies.

I was looking up wwe.com, i didnt think it was possible but batista is actually 60 pounds heavier than triple h:eek: it doesnt look like it. and yeah triple h looks like he let himself go a small bit in the last couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I think Orton would be the best man to give the title to, or mabye give the undertaker another good run, hes not the best wrestler in the biz but he has done some good matches over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

I was looking up wwe.com, i didnt think it was possible but batista is actually 60 pounds heavier than triple h:eek: it doesnt look like it. and yeah triple h looks like he let himself go a small bit in the last couple of months
    yeah trip isn't as defined as he was, but "let himself go is a bit far" anyway he did this before when he bulked up from the 240 to 260 range he carried a little extra weight for a while before beginning to build himself again, something to do with having extra energy storage by being able to burn off the fat by having more weight than usual, i never truely understood it.

anyway if trip is looking pudgy than it's totally belieavable that batista is heavier, muscle mass weighs approx 3 times more than the same mass of fat, fat has massive amounts of water in it, so it's actually lighter.
    i.e 10 cubix centimetres of fat is lighter than 10 cubic centimetres of muscle.

does anyone have any idea how long batista is gonna be out????? and is there any use for mark henry now that he says that he has done what he set out to do: take batista out :mad:

Advertisement