Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Invasion

• 09-01-2006 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭

Anyone watch this last night? I only saw the first one but I thought that it was good enough, nothing brilliant but I will try and catch a repeat of it somehow.
    I have heard a lot of people compare it to Lost but I don't think that it is much like it at all.
    Has anyone being following the US episodes? Without giving away anything is it worth sticking with the show?
    What did everyone else think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

I got hooked last night. Watched the second episode, and then delighted to find out the 3rd episode was being shown on E4. Happy days.

It was/is a little slow moving, but keep you on tender hooks to know what's going to happen next. Acting isn't bad, scenes are shot in 'movie' mode (sure there is a technical term for that) but basically it looks more like a movie than TV show.

The ladies have their eye candy in the shape of the main character (My wife nearly passed out when he was having a shower). But no such blessings for the lads.

Fingers crossed it will be as good if not better as the weeks go on.

Well worth watching though

Apip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

it's well worth watching. I've seen up to episode 10 of the U.S episodes. It is slow moving and I think that's why people compare it to Lost, you only find out bits and pieces every episode, but it does get very very good around episode 7/8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

so the alien people don't know they've been taken over? does the cop?

was hurriance rita a cover for alien invasion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Spiler tags might help there lostexpectation.

Only read this if you've seen up to episode 10.
    I thought I knew what was going on at around episode 3 or 4 I think. I thought that the aliens were killing the people and turning into them, by sucking out their memories and morphing into the same shape as their body. The sheriff's dead body was my first clue to this and my suspicion was confirmed in the episode where they tagged one of the aliens and then found the tag in the hill billy guy in the swamp. Why didn't your man cop on to what had happened at this point though? Surely he suspects that his ex (and all the others) is actually an Alien now.

That's what I thought up until the autopsy on the croc. The bit of alien tissue inside it was described as being like a womb, for gestating a new being in perhaps? I now believe that the "Alien People" are clones of the original people. The Aliens in the water kill you, suck out your memory and pass it into a cloned body that they grow inside of them. The cloned body has also got Alien DNA/Blood etch and also, it would seem, Alien programming too.

The people are not fully aware that they are Aliens, but they know they are different. They can breath under water, for example, and it doesn't seem to bother them.

The sheriff is the one I don't understand. He seems to be holding onto his past life far more than the others. He doesn't want his wife to know what she is now. Maybe the process didn't work too good in him and he's a little too human?

Anyway, I'm enjoying it and looking forward to it's return. Must start watching Surface now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I like Invasion so far (after 3 eps)

Speaking of Surface,which also looks interesting,any news of when it wil be on an Irish channel,or a British channel I have access to. I heard Channel 5 had it,but i can't get that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Ive watched 10 epps and thought it was very slow. It seemed to be a si/fi come soap show attempt to appeal to a broader audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I watched the first 2 and then got the next 8, and currently up to 4...

Tis interesting enough, don't like what people here saying about it being very slow moving though... I don't have the patience!

Will watch up to 10 anyway before the weeks out and see how it is :D

Does anyone know what the song is that TG4 use on their Invasion ad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

tvnutz wrote:
    I like Invasion so far (after 3 eps)

Speaking of Surface,which also looks interesting,any news of when it wil be on an Irish channel,or a British channel I have access to. I heard Channel 5 had it,but i can't get that.

First episode premiered on itv2 last Saturday it is repeated this Saturday at 16.10 itv1 all regions. Second ep is on itv2 immediately after, also showing Monday 9pm itv2.

Thanks John R...watched the first 2 episodes today,thought it was fairly good as well. Ill continue to watch it anyway.

and Ill ask again in because I really want to know :D ,does anyone know the song TG4 have on their Invasion ad...please??? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Moe79

I kind of half watched ep 3 tonight after enjoying the first 2 last week on Channel 4. It has moments of really good stuff, where you sit there wondering what's going to happen next, but on the whole, I think it's incredibly slow moving. We're 3 episodes in, and I have no idea what's going on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

watched up to 11, really enjoying it... must say enjoying it a lot more than Lost

Advertisement