Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel close to Beaumont hospital.

Options
  • 09-01-2006 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Folks. This is a follow up from a thread last week. I want to book my dad into a hotel near Beaumont hospital, thats a very close cab drive. I dont want Bed and breakfast. I have a list of those. Any recommendations. I think the regency is close by, but that could be expensive.....Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

The skylon is slightly closer than the regency, Im actually pushed to think of one thats close enough. Theres a new one in clare hall too. I think possibly a hilton. Or the new one at croke park roughly same distance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

There are loads of guest houses & B&B's very close to the hospital..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

skywalker wrote:
    The skylon is slightly closer than the regency, Im actually pushed to think of one thats close enough. Theres a new one in clare hall too. I think possibly a hilton. Or the new one at croke park roughly same distance too.

skylon, is in drumcondra isnt it? i know that one allright...cheers thanks..

Yep thats drumcondra. Its probably only a 5-10 minute cab journey if you go the way of the santry flyover.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Hollybrook Hotel in Clontarf, just off Howth Road. Small hotel, may be inexpensive.
    Also Clontart Castle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

The Regency is the closest I don't know how anybody thinks the Skylon is. The new hotel in Santry is also a possibility too but I can't remember the name.

The best really is the B & Bs by far closeset and probably better in some cases.

The Regency is the closest I don't know how anybody thinks the Skylon is.

Oh bugger your right, I was thinking about that road the wrong way round for some reason :eek: sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

There is also the Crowne Plaza (Dublin Aiport) Santry, which would be closer than the Regency.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

hollybrook hotel is gone, replaced by bar and apartments. closest are

crowne plaza, santry and
    regency, swords road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Thanks for all the info folks. hes staying at the regency. very close by really. and a fine hotel...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

if he walks up to collins avenue (next major junction) and he turns left, on the far side of the road there's a bus stop (about 100 mtrs up collins ave) he can get the 103 bus which goes directly to beaumount hospital. or if he's infirm he could get a 16A/41/41A/41B/41C/33/746 at the bus stop opposite the regency and get off at omni, and thats the terminus for the 103. the timetable for the 103 is on www.dublinbus.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

The Regency Hotel is the closest to Beaumont Hospital . But there are plenty of B&B's very close .

Advertisement