Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Upgrade D Day!!!!

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Chavster wrote:
    Based on previous experience does anyone know what order the exchanges are upgraded? Or can anyone figure out roughly what time individual areas will be done?

I guess you could refer back to this thread to get an idea, but it could be completely different this time around.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=241404

If thats anything to go by, the Dubs will be one of the first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Last time I checked that was a pretty good deal price/performance wise.

Jeez it's no wonder we're being ripped off if people feel that that's value for money. We're a strange nation :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I guess you could refer back to this thread to get an idea, but it could be completely different this time around.
    Aaah memories... :D
    I was actually gonna start searching for that thread, but alas you've saved me the effort.
    Anyway, if eircom engineers are in any way robotic/cybernetic, I should be upgraded just short of 1am.

Hopefully there'll be another "omg I just got upgraded!!1" thread... those are fun. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Also we could posts of ourselves downloading big files to test our speeds... or maybe tracerts and dsl speed tests... jasus the buzz we'd have ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I can barely contain myself with the excitement!

no really.

as has been said, the increase in upload is of most use to me right now, not the extra download.

tick tock...

[align=right][Posted by 13.16.137.11. This is added while posting a message to avoid misuse of WebWarper: see [url.]http://webwarper.net/han[/url] Example of using WebWarper: [url.]http://webwarper.net/ww/~av/lycos.com[/url] ][/align]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah its decent upload im looking forward to,should bring ingame pings down a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Aaah memories... :D
    I was actually gonna start searching for that thread, but alas you've saved me the effort.
    Anyway, if eircom engineers are in any way robotic/cybernetic, I should be upgraded just short of 1am.

Hopefully there'll be another "omg I just got upgraded!!1" thread... those are fun. :)

Hopefully...last time was great, the anticipation of it all. I hope I get my upgrades before 5am this time...won't bet on it though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Dcully wrote:
    Yeah its decent upload im looking forward to,should bring ingame pings down a bit.

im looking forward to that too, infact i read a rumour recently on boards where one poster who is lucky enough to live in one of the exchanges that got upgraded earlier on says that they have dropped interleving altogether and he was getting 9ms to eircom and 19ms/20ms to jolt on eircom 3mb/384... of course that mightend be the situation when they upgrade everyone tonight but i hope it is... can anyone else who got preupgraded to a ping test just to see for sure if interleving is gone, try jolt and some other english gaming server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Gonzo wrote:
    im looking forward to that too, infact i read a rumour recently on boards where one poster who is lucky enough to live in one of the exchanges that got upgraded earlier on says that they have dropped interleving altogether and he was getting 9ms to eircom and 19ms/20ms to jolt on eircom 3mb/384... of course that mightend be the situation when they upgrade everyone tonight but i hope it is... can anyone else who got preupgraded to a ping test just to see for sure if interleving is gone, try jolt and some other english gaming server.

Are you kidding? Warez monkeys like me are just going to thorttle up the upload speeds and destroy it for everyone else... muhahahah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

vibe666 wrote:
    I can barely contain myself with the excitement!

no really.

as has been said, the increase in upload is of most use to me right now, not the extra download.
    Same here this is the third time I've hit this board in the last hour or so :D I want to see what happens with my pings to be honest hope it helps me out in WoW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

When BT (England) introduced their upgrades a few months a go, everyones ping (in England) was lowered considerably from about 30 to 20. Might not sound like much, but it was very welcome. I predict that our pings to UK servers will now be at the mid-late 20's, although only time will tell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Valentia wrote:
    Jeez it's no wonder we're being ripped off if people feel that that's value for money. We're a strange nation :rolleyes:
    Value for money for me (lesser of all the eircon evils), let me repeat this again, value for money for people like me who value no bandwidth limit. If there was a cheaper product that had no limit of course I'd go for it. I wished I lived in an ntl enabled area, which I don't. I'm not happy paying that much, it's cost/performance and circumstance. Comprende vous?

Circa 40-50e for 20gig limit or whatever it is, is not my idea of value either. For gamer people maybe like yourself, who value low ping, checking email and the odd download this package would be fine. Different people different needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Sounds familiar...

http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/bbkblink.asp?case=8808

Exchange stuff goes on over the night into tomorrow. Power-cycle of modem should be enough to re-sync at new rate.

*cough*

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

hmmm no mention of Business Enhanced??? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

So the 30GBs applies to download only! We still have unlimited uploads, great! (at least I hope that will be the case with UTV)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Dcully wrote:

Same here, much happier about the upload increase than download increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

its 22:00 so it should have started

Are we monitoring and posting who has been upgraded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

do you definitely have to restart the modem for it to take effect or is it possible it'll just be picked up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

omg still not upgraded :(
    It's been 9 minutes already... hurry uuuUUUuup...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

couldn't do any damage

• Advertisement

Nothing yet on the newbridge exchange!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Who will be the first?? (wont be me as they don't get to the middle of know-where fast!)

best of luck to to all!

(post a screenshot if you can)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Started a new thread for this purpose:D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054878116

Advertisement