Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Carwash

Options
  • 09-01-2006 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Does anyone know a Carwash in Dublin that washes the underbody?

Is the underbody wash really needed, or is it just another money making scam?:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It just needs to be clean, that's all, and not caked with layers of mud and horse/cow sh!t. I can't see how it would be a money making scam, unless you're the type of person who's prone to wearing tin-foil hats?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭pele10

Alun wrote:
    It just needs to be clean, that's all, and not caked with layers of mud and horse/cow sh!t. I can't see how it would be a money making scam, unless you're the type of person who's prone to wearing tin-foil hats?

Well beside the NCT test centre in Monaghan they charge 15 quid for "NCT Car Wash" i.e clean the underbody up on a ramp.

15 quid aint much but still is a result of the NCT, the biggest rip off going at the moment. My car is due next week and I am leving it in as is. only 27 for the retest, might aswell find out what needs to be fixed first.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

pele10 wrote:
    Well beside the NCT test centre in Monaghan they charge 15 quid for "NCT Car Wash" i.e clean the underbody up on a ramp.
    Well, that's got nothing to do with the NCT then has it? Just a good ol' native Irish money making scam (otherwise known as entrepeneurship) specially tailored to those who are gullible enough to think they need it then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

Why not drive it really fast through a shallow river ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

OMcGovern wrote:
    Why not drive it really fast through a shallow river ? :D

Done this one time. Had the girlfriends and her 2 brother and one sister in car on the way down to a dinner or something and seen this big puddle. Was chatting away to the lads and said joking I needed to wash the car. Went thru puddle. 5 secs later start to lose power. Pull over alongside the road. Water had got into the plugs/radiator. Sat there for 5 mins in the car with the GF bro and sister taking the piss out of me. Lucky after 5 mins turned the key and she was flying again but the whole way down her bro kept roaring right or left when he seen even the slightest puddle of water.

Sold on the poor baby soon after for the grand sum of 600 quid! still was the only time she let me down in 5 years! even in new car stay away from those big puddles!

That story is still told to this day. Pure embarrassment!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Integra

Statoil Omni clothwash in Santry has an underbody wash option.... its 8 euro all in, does a good job

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

As said before, as long as its not caked in cr4p it'll be fine.

I use the Statiol "Jetwash" ... Basicly an underpowered powerwasher. It got all the muck off the underbody of my car (only 4 euro - DIY)

Advertisement