Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBNA Payment protection query

Options
  • 09-01-2006 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭

Just a quick one for anyone here experienced in dealing with MBNA!

I took out payment protection when I initially applied for my MBNA credit card (have ahd the card approx 8 months now) I'm planning on clearing the €1500balance on the credit card in the next 2 months and rang them to cancel the payment protection policy.

But they told me it wasnt possible and gave a really complicated reason to do with requiring the balance to be cleared before the payment protection could be cancelled but then puzzled me by saying - it was possible but that it wasnt in my best interests! So I really dont know if I can or not, they told me to ring back when the balance is cleared - but I dont want the balance protected in the meantime as plan on cancelling the card next month!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

But they told me it wasnt possible

b**locks

I cancelled mine two months ago with over 3k on the card. Tell em to cancel it or you are transferring your balance elsewhere. Worked for me!

It takes a month for it to come into effect however, so it might not be much use to if you plan cancelling next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭samo

Good to know, I got the feeling they werent being straight with me when they suddenly changed tack half way through the query.

Will get back on to them and hopefully get someone that makes more sense - just in case things dont go to plan and dont pay it off as planned!

Advertisement