Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rationel french windows

Options
  • 09-01-2006 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of replacing the old steel french windows with Rationel double-glazed timber french windows. (The steel ones are lovely, but at this stage they're badly warped, and I can't find anyone who can mend them.)

I've found Rationel online, but not with prices. About how much will they cost?

There are french windows, and then on each side two open-out ordinary windows - a fairly standard pattern.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jimmytango

Carlson Windows
    www.carlson.ie
    01 462 5777

they have a 4 week delivery are cheaper than rationel
    who lets me honest are as dodgy as they come previous experience

i tried carlson and compare there product to all the market leaders
    swedex, rational, munster joinery, and the product was the best
    customer service evertything

again its my opionion you can do what you will but give them a shout
    and let me know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

We recently built our house and all our external windows and doors are from rationel...they look fabulous(cost alot..they'd want to!!),however to deal with the company throughout the ordering process etc was hardship!!They ended up delaying our build by about 8 weeks if not more..their delay had a knock on effect on everything else....so to be honest its hard to reccommend them.In their favour ..when we moved in and a couple of windows and doors needed tweeking they were very reliable and efficient...but it was a bit late then!!!We looked at a sample of Munster joinery's windows but they didn't look as well as Rationel(to us anyway)also they didn't do doors to match.
    All the best in your decision making.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I've already decided to get Rationel if I can afford it, because two friends told me that they'd taken builders' advice to get something else that was just as good, and ended up with warped, jamming, ugly doors that they replaced (with Rationel) within a couple of years.

I was really just asking how much they cost.

I think they were around 5,000 more than a qoute we got for pvc windows,but we had 3 doors to get aswell.

€5,000 *more*! Yikes! For how many windows?

• Advertisement

17 windows-we have a very large corner full length window included in that also(6ft wide each)
    Sorry for the shock!!....but maybe it wouldn't be so bad for what you are looking for... the only real way of knowing is to call them out to get a quote or send in a copy of drawings....

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jimmytango

try carlson im telling you!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 tcoen

http://www.woodlockjoinery.co.uk

Good scandinavian pine windows in all types.

Thanks for the recommendations, but really I'm just asking how much one set of Rationel french windows should cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

luckat wrote:
    Thanks for the recommendations, but really I'm just asking how much one set of Rationel french windows should cost.

So, why the blazes don't you pick up the phone and ask them!?

Seriously, Rationel have become the Ballygowan of windows and doors. They're everywhere, and like Ballygowan, there are probably others makes that are just as good for less.

Certainly, the butter yellow Rationel colour, favoured by builders in new apartment developments, looks tacky and will no doubt give maintenance problems in years to come - why don't more of them use the maintenance free metal range? Money, no doubt.

We are about to change our back and front door and the three windows at the front of the house. A neighbour used Carlson and they look splendid, so it's good to see them getting a plug further up this thread.

Has anyone used Marvin Architectural?

Given that the word 'Rationel' in a sales brochure is now considered essential, it wouldn't surprise me if they've become a bit complacent, so it might be good to look elsewhere.

Other recommendations please. ;-)

D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gigz

Hi

I work for Rationel . A set of french doors will cost you around €1500 supplyed and fitted. If you would like a quote send your messurements to bgi@rationel.ie and il sort you out

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,167 ✭✭✭10-10-20

This thread is from 2006...!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Speedy customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gigz

Thanks for pointing out that im 5 years to late.

Advertisement