Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps2 slimline...where does this metal plate go?

• 09-01-2006 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

I ordered up swap magic and the fliptop lid. Installed the lid but the problem i have now is that I have to hold the ROM drive firmly together with my hand so that it will spin up.
    When I originally opened the PS2 Slimline SCPH-70003, a small metal plate (see pic) fell out - and I cannot for the life of me work out where it sits!
    Does anyone know where this should be and could this be the reason i'm having problems with the ROM?

ps2plate2ve.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Well I solved this problem (see attached).

However, in my haste to fix the damn thing, I caught the reset button - and it fell off the L-shaped board.

I'm finding it difficult to get my hands on this reset board/button as its for a slimline v12. Anyone know where to source??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

I <3 Eurorunner, that man gets four thumbs up for helping the biggest PS2 issue I've ever faced :)

Advertisement