Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Des Bishop - Joy in the Hood

• 09-01-2006 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Starts tonight on Net 2 at 21.30.

Looks very good from what I've seen of it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Starts tonight on Net 2 at 21.30.

Looks very good from what I've seen of it.

Looking forward to it, was at the live show the night before last where he was doing all that material, hilarious stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭**elaine**

Yeah, saw the ads for this. Should be good.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I was at the gig in December (i think), cant wait!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭radiospan

I hope this is good.
    Programme 1, 9th January: Ballymun, Dublin
    Programme 2, 16th January: Knocknaheeny, Cork
    Programme 3, 23rd January: Southill, Limerick
    Programme 4, 30th January: Travellers community, Tuam, Co. Galway
    Programme 5, 6th February: Mount Vernon, Belfast
    Programme 6, 13th February: Bogside/Brandywell, Derry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Was expecting better. Not good/funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Dr. Dre wrote:
    Was expecting better. Not good/funny.

it was ok, i pissed myself laughing when des was talking about the angle grinder part

Right Testicle To Des : "Get the **** out of here" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

was preety good not what i expected
    looking forward to seeing south hill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

it was ok, i pissed myself laughing when des was talking about the angle grinder part

Right Testicle To Des : "Get the **** out of here" :D

That part was kinda spoiled for me because he does it in the live routine, but I was certainly in stitches laughing at it live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭radiospan

Not great, the only funny bits were Des' own material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Was very good but having seen the live show it could easily have been an hour, shame they crammed it into the half hour slot they dropped a lot of class material.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Very good. Looking forward to the Cork one next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

i missed it... do the kids have to do a standup show? coz if they did i dont know if i could watch that.. just too cringy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

Ah feck, was going to watch it. Will this episode be repeated does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It wasn't bad, seemed very chopped together though, not a lot of fluidity between the pieces.

The acts weren't as cringe worthy as you'd expect Steoob. You couldn't really judge their acts as they were just clips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

yeah could have easily been an hour long ..dissapointed with rte for making it short....knew that fella gary i remember one time on the bus he had his guitar and he had us in stitches (with the laughter) although that was a year ago and he said he was 18?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

in fairness now, I was impressed with the residents, they gave it a go. I certainly wouldn't have the balls to do that, and I think it was cool they got up there and did their bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

Thought the show was a bit short myself but an hour probably would have been too much.

I went to see Des Bishop a couple of times in Vicar Street and two of the guys from last night (Eric and Willa) were doing support and they really really good. I happened to see Eric again in Gibneys in Malahide over the Christmas and he was even funnier again. Des must be rubbing off on them.

Would love to ask them if they are making any money from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

cringe-athon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

I found the editing of the show very choppy. It didn't really seem to flow. I thought the bit with the angle grinder was funny. Overall it didn't seem to hold together but I will be watching it next week to see the guys from Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

next week in Cork is going to be alot better!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭serabi

I was fairly disappointed with des Bishop in cork there in december so I forced myself to watch his show and ya,,,,,,its just not me
    Bring on Tommy Tiernan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

I really like Des Bishop i thought it was great cant wait for the next installment.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I'd seen Des live in UL in October and he was brilliant, so I was really looking forward to the show on Mon. But to be honest I was very disappointed. Maybe it's the way it was edited, it definitely didn't flow & there were only a couple of laughs in it. I'll give in another chance next week but after this week my hopes have been kinda dashed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

We have the talent (Des Bishop and the residents), the great idea, the investment... and still someone managed to fcuk the show up!!!!! How??!?
    This is a prime example of Irelands problem, everything is in place... but this show cannot really fit into a half hour segment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I thought it was going to be from Ballymun every week and we would get to see them train to be come Comedians.

However I thought it was very funny. The pieces with the Motorcycles and the Empty Flat where excellent.

Looking forward to the next couple of weeks.

I was laughing and thought that peer pressure did an excellent job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

I thought it was feckin hilarious to be honest. But I just came across it while flicking around and wasn't even too sure who Des Bishop was so I hadn't built it up...but I'll defo be watching next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The clips of the burnt out car and lads doin donuts in the housing estate in Cork should make next weeks show interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

plazzTT wrote:
    Spot on there plazz... very poor... stereotypical... not funny at all

Big brother types on a shoestring

Gave it the off button half way through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

very poor... stereotypical...

Stereotypical?? I personnelly got a compleatly different view on what ballymun is????
    Big brother types on a shoestring

Please BB types need to be shot and I don't think BB types get paid (either) when they go into the house and only get money when they leave the house.

How long has des been doing comedy, how funny would you be after an Eight week course?

• Advertisement
Advertisement