Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abusive Names Called in Ban by Moriarty:-

Options
  • 09-01-2006 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

I draw your attention to a ban I recieved on Saturday night for a comment I made in the Broadband Thread, which I feel was overreacted too (a simple warning would have been surfice):-

Firstly I was called a plonker (in the description box) and then a PM :-

Originally Posted by Moriarty
    For acting the tit.

PM me when your week is up and I'll let you back in.

Is this the shape and character of the Mods we have to deal with on Boards? I've never met the guy and do not deserver to be called this by somebody who has never met me.

I've asked for a simple appology and I can accept the ban for the week period, however he has not made the slightest effort following numerous PM's.

I did after two abusive comments in rage call him a bastard and stated he was the mosted hated person on Boards, which from reading lots of threads on Boards.ie seems to fairly acccurate. His "****ing moron" comments was also not appriciated.

I would appreciate a PM'd appology.

Drapper
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yes. id also like apologies from everyone who has sworn at me, labelled me unfairly and said anything bad about my character.

you all know who you are....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If you want a PM apology, why bring it into the public domain by posting here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

If you want a PM apology, why bring it into the public domain by posting here?

I've asked since SAturday for a simple sorry. No answer. I'm asking the sMODs to act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Ooooh that's not all the story, methinks :v:

You call the guy a bastard and you want him to apologise to you?

Doctor J wrote:
    Ooooh that's not all the story, methinks :v:

You call the guy a bastard and you want him to apologise to you?

Who called the name first mate twice? would you tollerate this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

What's all this?

John

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Drapper wrote:
    I draw your attention to a ban I recieved on Saturday night for a comment I made in the Broadband Thread, which I feel was overreacted too (a simple warning would have been surfice):-

Firstly I was called a plonker (in the description box) and then a PM :-

Originally Posted by Moriarty
    For acting the tit.

PM me when your week is up and I'll let you back in.

Is this the shape and character of the Mods we have to deal with on Boards? I've never met the guy and do not deserver to be called this by somebody who has never met me.

I've asked for a simple appology and I can accept the ban for the week period, however he has not made the slightest effort following numerous PM's.

I did after two abusive comments in rage call him a bastard and stated he was the mosted hated person on Boards, which from reading lots of threads on Boards.ie seems to fairly acccurate. His "****ing moron" comments was also not appriciated.

I would appreciate a PM'd appology.

Drapper

Boards.ie is gone to **** lately, people are being banned for stupid reasons, and most(not all) mods are on power trips. Most online forums replace mods after a certain time period but around here its the same people so they get bigger and bigger heads on them

Lump wrote:
    What's all this?

John

Lump I dont come on BOards to be name called and take offense.

Can I have an appology.

I appologires for the Bastard comment after the 2 uncalled for names!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Are you the guy that butted in with a completely pointless post twice and signed up an alt account to post in the same thread, sent pms to a mate of Moriartys to pass him on the message and hint at the fact that you were going to meet him and take matters further with him in person?

If so you sound like a bit of a plonker.

Drapper wrote:
    Who called the name first mate twice? would you tollerate this?

I don't take what happens on an internet forum too seriously. I've been accused of worse tbh. "Acting the tit", and a week's ban, eh? Wow that's hardcore :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote:
    Are you the guy that butted in with a completely pointless post twice and signed up an alt account to post in the same thread, sent pms to a mate of Moriartys to pass him on the message and hint at the fact that you were going to meet him and take matters further with him in person?

If so you sound like a bit of a plonker.

No I'm the guy who asked for an appology and asked the other mods he worked with the ask him politly for me to do so too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Drapper wrote:
    Is this the shape and character of the Mods we have to deal with on Boards?

Mods are people, like any group there are good and bad amongst them. At some point people on this site are going to have to realise that as

A) nobody gets paid for this

and

B) Mods are not customer service agents there to call you Sir/Madam and generally pander to your needs

you are unlikely to get anywhere with general complaints about them. They do the job by choice and you browse these forums by choice, so either live with their decisions or choose another bulletin board.

anyway as "abusive" names go I think your example is fairly tame tbh, and try to remember people this is just the interweb, does it really matter what some annonymous avatar and username thinks???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Fight the powa Drapper lol :)

Iago wrote:
    Mods are people, like any group there are good and bad amongst them. At some point people on this site are going to have to realise that as

A) nobody gets paid for this

and

B) Mods are not customer service agents there to call you Sir/Madam and generally pander to your needs

you are unlikely to get anywhere with general complaints about them. They do the job by choice and you browse these forums by choice, so either live with their decisions or choose another bulletin board.

anyway as "abusive" names go I think your example is fairly tame tbh, and try to remember people this is just the interweb, does it really matter what some annonymous avatar and username thinks???

Fair point ! but when you ask the reason for the post and you get "you ****ing moron thrown back" is this the level of service we get for €50 a year?

hummm me thinks not

What €50 a year? Are you a subscriber?

Praetorian wrote:
    Fight the powa Drapper lol :)

No thats Thursday night

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Drapper wrote:

So you called him a bastard and then when he backanswered you (shame on him :rolleyes:), you come on here crying? What were the two other names that you called him prior to that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

er.... sorry?

now accept your ban or post a link where you were oh so unfairly treated

Stark wrote:
    So you called him a bastard and then when he backanswered you (shame on him :rolleyes:), you come on here crying? What were the two other names that you called him prior to that?

Outa order mate, you know the event dont twist it! He started this I did not !

Gilgamesh wrote:
    er.... sorry?

now accept your ban or post a link where you were oh so unfairly treated

How can I post the link If I can't get into the thread? strange post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Drapper wrote:
    Fair point ! but when you ask the reason for the post and you get "you ****ing moron thrown back" is this the level of service we get for €50 a year?

hummm me thinks not
    Whoopsie. There it goes again. You don't pay for service, you donate to boards for the warm, fuzzy feeling you get inside. It just so happens that there are perks for donating.
    Drapper wrote:
    How can I post the link If I can't get into the thread?
    Logout

Very simple. Log off. Copy the link. Log on. Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

I think it's disgraceful that Moriarty called you a plonker when you are *clearly* a fúcktard.

Oh noes! Are you going to threaten to "find" me to "make me apologise" now too? Threats are a hell of a lot worse than saying someone is acting the tit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

lofflesticks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

tbh, Drapper, stop acting the tit

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Drapper wrote:
    Outa order mate, you know the event dont twist it! He started this I did not !
    You are wrong.

You started this by being a tit on the forum.

Drapper wrote:
    If that's not acting the tit, what would you call it? :v:

Gordon wrote:
    You are wrong.

You started this by being a tit on the forum.

Please explain?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Drapper wrote:
    No I'm the guy who asked for an appology and asked the other mods he worked with the ask him politly for me to do so too

Are you calling those Pm's you sent me polite? As for simply asking other mods.....i seem to recall a PM from you saying that "you as his g/f should ask him politely...." I told you more than once to stop sending me PM's yet you continued to do so. You are doing yourself no favours.

Also....
    Drapper wrote:
    No thats Thursday night

Still threatening to turn up to the beers to confront him then? And I wonder why he said you were acting the tit. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement