Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jewellery Findings

Options
  • 09-01-2006 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know of any Irish/UK company that does a mail order catalogue (preferably illustrated) for jewellery findings?

Failing that a decent website.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

What do you mean by jewelery findings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

do you mean beads because there's a place that sells beads near Grafton street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

Findings = clasps, hooks, rings, earring backs, brocch backs, clips, etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

in dublin crown jewels are near grafton street (umm go down by tower records and take second left and they are on a tiny bit of street on the left up the road), they sell them all one by one.

In cork, your best bet is Cork Craft Supplies in the Paul St shoppin centre.

dunno bout online stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

youll also probably get what you want in BDI jewellery in blackrock market
    SAT/SUN only tho 4 the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 clodo

smileygal wrote:
    Hi,

Does anyone know of any Irish/UK company that does a mail order catalogue (preferably illustrated) for jewellery findings?

Failing that a decent website.

Thanks.

If you want some silver or gold findings try 'n n enterprises' in the meeting house square in temple bar. All the stuff you get in fairs and bead shops are expensive tat that will give you a rash. Invest in high quality findings. they are not as expensive as you think. Take my word for it, I am a jeweller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Have you looked at some of the shops on ebay?
    Check out their 'beading' section, I've bought from there before.
    There's a highly recommended place on the quays in Dublin, I can't remember the name but it's near/on Liffey Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 clodo

Have you looked at some of the shops on ebay?
    Check out their 'beading' section, I've bought from there before.
    There's a highly recommended place on the quays in Dublin, I can't remember the name but it's near/on Liffey Street.

It is called Yellow Brick road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

That's probably it.
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

Finally got to Yellow Brick Road yesterday - thanks for the recommendation. Got stuff to fix and create jewellery. Had to leave shop before temptation got the better of me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement