Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results?

Options
  • 09-01-2006 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Does anybody have any clue at all when we will be gettin our christmas exam results... nobody that i've spoken to has any clue at all, theres no info on blackboard but it could be buried somewhere in the ucd homepage.. which i hate by the way. "how high do you want to go?" its a pain is the proverbial arse!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Hm the answer to this question was posted quite recently so I shall try to relay to you from the depths of my memory the answers that were given...

Apparently, the exam results wont be out until we get back to port, and no amount of head shaking or dil-dallying is going to change that unless you go into a room in the admin building and perform sexual favours on some dude called Dr John or someone and then sign a form to say twas all legal and above board...

or words to that effect

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Why would you start a thread with "Exam Results" as its title? Are you trying to give us all heart attacks? I nearly inhaled my fcuking computer when I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

It does have a question mark...:confused:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

passive wrote:
    It does have a question mark...
    Yeah, so I thought it was asking "What are your exam results?"

I freaked, which means that when I actually get my results, there's a good chance I won't survive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I nearly inhaled my fcuking computer when I saw it.

Hahaha! I spat water all over mine when I saw this! :D

Best of luck to everyone getting results anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Hahaha! I spat water all over mine when I saw this! :D
    My, what a charming young maiden you are...

Screw exam results for you whippersnappers, I've a project to hand in in less than a week and I haven't written a word or picked up a book!

ARGH

I'm actually in college at the moment, researching for a 5,000-word essay. Obviously it's not going great.

I'll say one thing though, UCD is very busy today. It seems I'm not the sneaky nerd I thought I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I'll say one thing though, UCD is very busy today. It seems I'm not the sneaky nerd I thought I was.
    Pfft, I was in college up til December 21st, and have been back since last thursday, and I'm as far from being a sneaky nerd as you can get!

But yeah, it's been gradually getting busier.

Damn, I liked having the place to myself. And maybe 5 other people. Any more than that and the campus is overcrowded IMO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Woof! wrote:
    Does anybody have any clue at all when we will be gettin our christmas exam results... nobody that i've spoken to has any clue at all, theres no info on blackboard but it could be buried somewhere in the ucd homepage.. which i hate by the way. "how high do you want to go?" its a pain is the proverbial arse!

No one has a notion. I'm getting my Arch results handed back to me Wednesday week but that's an exception since it was all coursework. If I was to guess it would be end of month before you get them back....... and hopefully Seb will have his work done by then.... I wouldn't bet on that one! :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Woof!

the not knowing is pissing me off. i had to take geology (shudders) this semester because im doing cs and the make you take one science subject. im kinda crap at physics and never done biology or chemistry at leaving cert so i thought geology would be a safe bet because nobody could have done it before...... but oh how i was wrong it was the most stupidly marked crapiest subject i had last year... and it was unbelievably boring... i messed up my continuous assessment and both that and the final exam were negatively marked mcq's!! grrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The not knowing pisses me off too... The waiting for results never gets any easier! I just want to know how badly I f*cked up the exams...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pilson

I was talking to a lecturer yesterday and he said the results had to be in by 17-19th Jan (somethin like that) so It wont be for at least another week...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

It differs for each department AFAIK (or school or learning centre or whatever they call em these days).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Woof!

ok, if i fail a subject, then fail the repeat. do i have to repeat the year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Uhmmmm yea I'd assume so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Woof! wrote:
    ok, if i fail a subject, then fail the repeat. do i have to repeat the year?
    Depends on the subject. In Quinn, AFAIK, if you fail twice, you'll be allowed into the next year and do all those subjects like normal. You'll just have to take the subject you failed again too. Ie attend the classes with the year below you in that subject.
    Of course this will cost money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Pythia wrote:
    Depends on the subject. In Quinn, AFAIK, if you fail twice, you'll be allowed into the next year and do all those subjects like normal. You'll just have to take the subject you failed again too. Ie attend the classes with the year below you in that subject.
    Of course this will cost money.

It's like that for science too from what i know. Arts? No because they hate Arts students.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

In quinn, you can fail winter, repeat in may, and should you need to repeat next winter and may and so on. However you can only carry one major subject at a time.
    You do not need to attend lectures with the class below you unless the course has changed significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

In quinn, you can fail winter, repeat in may, and should you need to repeat next winter and may and so on. However you can only carry one major subject at a time.
    You do not need to attend lectures with the class below you unless the course has changed significantly.

Thats the "old" Quinn. First years in the new horizons module thingy will be much the same in Quinn as everywhere else.

Advertisement