Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Coverage?

• 09-01-2006 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

I can not find any information on their coverage on the website, Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

I can not find any information on their coverage on the website, Any help?

I'm like yourself in that I only know they're providing broadband down the road through this site but when I ring them they say it's not available on my road and they don't know when, pity because I'm going to have to get sometning sorted soon and I'd prefer if it was ntl. Would be just my luck if they started providing it a month after I sign up with someone else :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

ive been emailing and ringing since last week and they still cant tell me what the availability is in Galway. All i wanted was a yes or no on an estate....

theres no info on the site at all

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Ive been calling them since november, and always got the no its not available line.....

Sent them a mail today, and got the same with "no date set"..... But i applied for TV and internet anyway online.

Kinda pissed that i had to stay with clearwire...

On the luas home, a guy rang and said you want NTL broadband? Sure.

They are comin out on the 25th to set it up....

So constantly told no, applied and they said ok so.......

I think the peeps on the phones dont have a clue......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Don't get your hopes up too much, I'm sure they just get a list of orders and ring you to confirm a date. They could very well come out and then realise the BB isn't available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

PiE wrote:
    Don't get your hopes up too much, I'm sure they just get a list of orders and ring you to confirm a date. They could very well come out and then realise the BB isn't available.

I would be amazed if that happens. They are hardly going to send someone out to go "Oops, can't get it, my bad." More likely we need to accept that new areas are going live. I couldn't get it in my place for two years, then one day I could. My parents were the same, for 5 years. This is how a roll out works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Well i have my fingers crossed. I dont want anything from them, including TV if i cant get broadband.....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

Same thing happend me too.

See here
    Along similar lines...

Used to have NTL BB in my last house in Crumlin. Bought a house in Rathfarnham during the summer. Rang couple of times, each time I was told sorry no BB available in my area.

So last week I am paying my bills online and I decide to check my NTL account number on their site since I have it handy. The site says YES BB is available and I tick the box asking them to contact me. Since I didn't think they would follow up I gave them a buzz and am told NO you can't have BB. So I leave it at that... two days later I get a call following up my inital check on their site. So they say YES you can have BB??? I am now scheduled for the install on the 13/01. TBH I still don't think it is actually available, but I will know for sure next Friday!

I live just off Marian road, any of you folks from around those part and have BB.

I enquired on the availability for an estate in Galway and have just been helpfully informed by a CS agent by email that NTL broadband is available "in selected areas throughout Dublin"!

so not exactly up to date at all are they!

EDIT : Ive since found out from someone i work with that they know someone with NTL broadband in the estate I am moving too.
    It seems the CS agents aint kept up to speed with the rollout

EDIT 2 : Girl at NTL has confirmed its "definitely not available". Girl i work with rang her mate just now who confirmed it is NTL BB she uses in that estate!! Im gonna just order and see...

Shougeki wrote:
    Well i have my fingers crossed. I dont want anything from them, including TV if i cant get broadband.....

:D

post back how you get on....

ill be doing the same next friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

EDIT 2 : Girl at NTL has confirmed its "definitely not available". Girl i work with rang her mate just now who confirmed it is NTL BB she uses in that estate!! Im gonna just order and see...

They won't send someone out if it isn't available. I would try to talk to the person who has it. Try to get their address and account number and say to NTL that they have it and they are X doors away from you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

ive been emailing and ringing since last week and they still cant tell me what the availability is in Galway. All i wanted was a yes or no on an estate

When they launched in Galway, the publicity said it was available for the entire city.

Which estate are you interested in, Most anything off the Western Distributor Road is good for BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

Been Told its not available in Blackrock..

I was told "they hope to have the whole of dublin enabled in 6 months"

Funny i was told that 6 months ago.......:cool:

Oh and Eircom suck..

When they launched in Galway, the publicity said it was available for the entire city.

Which estate are you interested in, Most anything off the Western Distributor Road is good for BB.

Sandyvale lawn...

Its available in Gleann Na tra and Gort na Glaise on Sandy Road. Gleann Na tra is my current estate and its only 500 yards across the headford rd from Sandyvale

paulm17781 wrote:
    They won't send someone out if it isn't available. I would try to talk to the person who has it. Try to get their address and account number and say to NTL that they have it and they are X doors away from you.

I should be able to do that if it comes to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

They were digging up the road in the Dutch Village area of Clondalkin last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

Scruff wrote:
    They were digging up the road in the Dutch Village area of Clondalkin last week.
    Fantastic, looks like they're closing in on Palmerstown from both sides now. Probably the only time it's good to see roadworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

A couple of years ago I ordered the whole package from them after being told that BB was available to me. I later got a call to say that BB would be available in 6-8 weeks but that the tv would be installed the next week, which it was.
    A year later the BB was still unavailable in my area so I threw the whole lot back at them.

well if that happens ill go with Smart.... Mervue exchange is enabled a few months now...

Just to follow up on the post above. NTL never arrived, so I rang them and it turns out NO I am not enabled.

So it was a case of:

Yes you are, No you are not, Yes you are... oops sorry No you are not.

So for the record Ballyroan/rathfarnham is not BB enabled for NTL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Actually parts of ballyroan/rathfarnham are enabled. My friend 60 seconds walk as the crow flies is enabled, but i'm not :p We're both in the ballyroan area.

NTL told me they'd have all of dublin covered in the next 3-4 months. And i said.... suuuureee. You told me i'd be covered 4 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

I'm in Rathfarnham (off Scholarstown road) and we're covered for NTL BB.

Actually parts of ballyroan/rathfarnham are enabled. My friend 60 seconds walk as the crow flies is enabled

oops, sorry :o

I am on Marian Grove just off Marian Road. Where abouts are your firends located? Maybe there is still a glimmer of hope that I can get NTL BB...

Advertisement