Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clubbing - Tokyo

• 09-01-2006 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hope to go see Mu-ziq at Womb, Tokyo on Jan 20th.

anyone else ever go boogying in Tokyo?
    Whats it like? Locals freindly? After-parties?

any other venues i sould check out for electronica?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

One things for sure, clubbin' in Tokyo must be some craic! They are mad, plain and simple. AND they are from the future. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

You'll need some sort of plastic attachment for your face to catch the drool when you see the little Japanese clubbing chicks in PVC and gothic getups. No doubt there's somewhere in Harajuku you can pick one of these up, or you could fashion one from a 'fruit corner' carton and some sellotape like I did.

Learn some Japanese before you go. You are GUARANTEED to score if you're even vaguely good-looking and can speak a couple of words of Japanese.

It's mad to see how crazy the Japanese are when they let their hair down, considering how reserved they can be during working hours.

Check out 'Yellow' as well if you can (ironic name for a Japanese nightclub?).

Also, be aware that most clubs are over-20s if that's relevant :)

Oh yeah, don't go near Roppongi, it's like Temple Bar - full of sh1t bars and drunk foreignors :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Sico wrote:
    You are GUARANTEED to score if you're even vaguely good-looking and can speak a couple of words of Japanese.

Where'd you get that notion?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭DIRTY69

High population density maybe!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Laguna wrote:

Totally true in my experience. The Japanese are obsessed with everything Western, (particularly their attitudes towards wimmin!) and throw in a little bit of nihongo and they're like putty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

man i'd love to be clubbing in tokyo right now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pearsquasher

I've heard of Yellow alright - I have a few live-mp3 sets from there and also of the Liquid Room. I must say, Japanese crowds at electonic gigs are nuts! I ain't going near Ropponji either.. last thing i need is to run into a load of meathead jocks in a well known "Gaijin" quarter. I want to party with the locals to soem good music. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Laguna wrote:

By scoring every single night I was out clubbing in Tokyo.

Advertisement