Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How come people don't learn BEFORE the damage is done

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Here we go again. :rolleyes: I'm sure you could find some nice folks over on stormfront who would welcome the comments about "immigrants" in "our country" :mad:

Most of the twats I see on Irish roads all drive Irish reg cars, make of that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Savman wrote:
    Here we go again. :rolleyes: I'm sure you could find some nice folks over on stormfront who would welcome the comments about "immigrants" in "our country" :mad:

Most of the twats I see on Irish roads all drive Irish reg cars, make of that what you will.

Its "Arr country"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Seanie M wrote:
    Like, reading about that crash near Navan in the early hours of Sunday morning... I mean, how come the driver from Latvia could not have removed himself from our genepool before he took out 2 innocent pedestrians on a road, and let his backseat passanger fly through the windshield and get pegged into a tree?

Not meaning to sound like a biggot, but in the local papers every couple of weeks, there are perhaps 2 or 3 Latvian, and Lithuanian drivers in court for reckless driving, no insurance or tax and they just don't seem to care.

If I'm driving in another country, I'll abide by their rules of the road - why can't these immigrants?

Seanie...

lets sort out our own drivers before we point the finger at anybody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Jumpy wrote:
    Its "Arr country"

DEY TOOK ARRRR JEEEEERBS!!1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

lets sort out our own drivers before we point the finger at anybody else

Jeebus how do you login with a username like that? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Its all about %

What % of accidents have involved or been caused by east europeans

as compared to the % of east europeans in the driving population.

show me those figures before i make any judgement.

Either way Ireland isn't exactly brilliant when it comes to road safety

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Seanie M wrote:
    No, I don't think so... I do think you are a w@nker though.

Is that because he's Lithuanian or because you actually know him? :mad: Maybe you should seek professional help to calm that case of bigotry you're suffering from, or perhaps a chipoftheshoulderomy?

The Irish, the friendliest people in the world - mearse!

What ever happened to a hundred thousand welcomes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Fey! wrote:
    Is that because he's Lithuanian or because you actually know him? :mad:

I presume the fact that he dragged up a 6 month old thread to start a shouting match was the first clue....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Thats pretty much it Mr. Hegarty!

Guys,
    I'm not a bigot, really - despite the tone of my original first post. What I guess I was aiming at originally was the fact that these immigrant workers from (generally) Eastern Bloc countries tend to pay little heed to our version of the rulesof the road. For 2 years I was renting in an area with a majority of Poles, Lithuanians, and Russians. At one stage, of the 7 cars between them that were on the road, only one was taxed or insured. The cars collected so many scrapes and dents that it was plainly obvious that they didn't really care much or the car or the objects that were bumped/scraped.

In the local papers down here, every 2 weeks the court cases are printed. An average of 2 that are printed deal with immigrant workers speeding in built-up areas, dangerous overtaking, drink-driving, and accidents.

I know a majority of the Irish driving population is also guilty of the same offences due to our flawed testing mechanism and lack of grey matter, but that does not condone what the everyday rules of the road outline for everybody. Rules that are meant to ensure everyone drives fairly, properly, and safely - regardless of IQ, some of them are plain simple and do not need explaining. I mean, everyone can read numbers on speed limit signs right?

That same common sense is used by any of you here when you intend to drive in a foreign country, so that you know their own do's and don't's of driving.

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Seanie - apologies; I hadn't noticed the dates on the posts. Thanks to jhegarty for pointing that out.

With relation to knowing the rules of the road, I honestly feel that a lot of Irish drivers haven't a clue about them either. A lot of the tension is because the foreign reg's stand out because their different, so we pay more attention to them (like a red smartie in a box of green smarties!).

However, I also feel that Eastern European are far more aggresive drivers. My better half is Polish, and I've seen her take risks on the road that I wouldn't even consider. And she's in an Irish reg'd RHD car.

Then look at city drivers on country roads - they're generally the ones going slower because they're not used to them, wheras the locals look like loons to them.

A question of environment you're used to effecting behaviour, perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cool it chaps, it hot enough already. Anyways thread closed.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement