Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Video Production Training

• 09-01-2006 6:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

The organisation I work for has a video production training course coming up soon. Read on if you're interested!
    Like watching television? Soon you will be watching programmes made by NEAR TV. However, instead of just watching, how would you feel about being part of the team that makes them? Cameras, editing, scriptwriting, storyboards, planning and generally being creative. Fancy taking part?

As part of the Media Co Op’s dedication to empowerment through media, we are expanding into television and are looking for new volunteers who wish to express their thoughts, gripes, interests, creativity or whatever by way of
    video production.

Our evening training course starts on Tuesday the 7th of Feb and will run every Tuesday evening for approximately 12 weeks. The cost is only 50 Euro. Once you have completed the course you are entitled to use the facilities of NEAR TV.

Interested?

If so, please call Martin McGhee on 848 52 11 or Alan on 867 10 16 for more
    information. This course is designed for complete beginners so don’t worry
    about skills, as we will show you the lot.

The Media Co Op is a not-for-profit community media development project.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

I might try this.
    I don't know much about this kinda stuff though.
    What exactly will I be able to do afterwards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Fridge wrote:
    I might try this.
    I don't know much about this kinda stuff though.
    What exactly will I be able to do afterwards?
    You'll be able to plan, shoot and edit your own projects. Once you are trained you can become a volunteer with the project and you'll be able to use our equipment free of charge.

We have 6 DV Cams, lighting kits and 3 editing suites. Plus recently we've added portable apple macs for offline editing.

Eventually material created will be screened on DCTV.

Cool, sounds good. But it says it starts Tue 28th Jan, but the 28th is a Saturday?

Fridge wrote:
    Cool, sounds good. But it says it starts Tue 28th Jan, but the 28th is a Saturday?
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'll find out tomorrow what the date is supposed to be.

I'm pretty sure it's on a Tuesday, so it could be the 31st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Is that $50 for the full 12 weeks?

Sounds good anyway, think I'll give them a ring tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭stupefly

Where is this on?

Is this it monkeyfudge? (http://www.nearfm.ie/contact.html)

NEAR fm 101.6
    Northside Civic Centre
    Bunratty Road
    Dublin 17

Yep. That's us.

We're in Coolock, very close to Northside Shopping Centre and Colaiste Dhulaigh... an eh... Cadburys.

We're funded by the Department of Education that's how we can offer the course so cheaply.. that and we're a not-for-profit group... so there is no fat cat making money off other peoples work anywhere.

Okay... I checked up on this.

The actual date for the start of the course is the 7th of February.

Cool, thanks. I put my name down for it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

hmmm interesting...my dad is on that radio station!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

hey,
    is that course full time?

adonis wrote:
    hey,
    is that course full time?
    No. It just takes place on Tuesday evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

arg!

i procrastinated too long as usual. i may get a place - provided 5 of the 7 people accepted drop out.

:( unlikely.

arg!

i procrastinated too long as usual. i may get a place - provided 5 of the 7 people accepted drop out.

:( unlikely.
    Aye, I think I'm on the 'reserve' list too.

Only six places on the course it seems.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Aww shucks. I was still pondering over this.

Hopefully someone here gets on it and can report back....after which there'll hopefully be a second class or similar (lotta hopefully).

We only have a limited amount of equipment, that's why places are so limited.

It also means that running another course at the same time could prove difficult.

But I believe we are aiming to train around 30 people overall this year, so there will be more courses coming up later in the year and I'll be sure to stick up some info when I have it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Well that's good to hear. Later in the year might suit me better too. Sounds very interesting anyway. Best of luck with it.

Advertisement