Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bringing a new meaning to insane websites!

• 09-01-2006 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭

Saw this on the IwW forum:

Irish Whip Wrestling is proud to announce the website launch of its most internationally travelled star Mad Man Manson. The site can be found at www.madmanmanson.com

On it you can find downloads such as tribute videos, wallpapers, entrance music and a screensaver as well as information on Manson's uncharted history, both in and outside of the ring.

The site will be updated regularly with results from the Mad Man's matches both with Irish Whip and abroad as well as a constantly updated news section covering the very latest events in the unpredictable world of Manson.

I thought some people might be interested.

I don't think this would constitute IwW news, since while Manson wrestles with IwW he's an Indy guy and has worked all over the world, so I didn't post it there. Example: He's a regular feature of MEW shows in England. Anyway, if a mod or anything sees this as breaking the 'Sticky Rule' then they can feel free to merge it with the IwW topic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nightmareofgold

Now i would not call Mad Man Manson an indy wrestler

YEs he has worked for other promotions but i wouldnt call him an indy wrestler
    I personally thinK he is terrible

I would call Nigel Mcguinness, Fergal Devitt, Billy Kidman, American Dragon, Rebecca Knox indy workers beause they actually have fan base's abroad and they wrestled more than once a Month for a promotion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Mad Man Manson is not contracted to work exclusively for any one promotion. Therefore he is an Indy (short for INDEPENDENT) wrestler, whether you think he is terrible or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I thought he was brilliant the first time I saw him! Really impressed me. He's sort of scaled down the antics in the times I've seen him since, and I don't think he's suited to being a face, but I like the guy. Nice to see a site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

YEs he has worked for other promotions but i wouldnt call him an indy wrestler
    I personally thinK he is terrible

I would call Nigel Mcguinness, Fergal Devitt, Billy Kidman, American Dragon, Rebecca Knox indy workers beause they actually have fan base's abroad and they wrestled more than once a Month for a promotion
    I believe manson has wrestled for 5 or 6 different promotions now. But I like the way you ever so subtley added NWA Ireland names into your little list.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

What do fan bases and regularity of wrestling have to do with being independant?!

• Advertisement

lol - define "indy", then.

First of all the reason why i added NWA names was simply because i was giving examples of IRISH indy wrestlers who have an INTERNATIONAL FANBASE

To me an Indy wrestler would be someone who wrestles for different companys and GETS CALLED BACK AND BOOKED INTO MORE SHOWS ON A CONTINUS BASIS

First of all the reason why i added NWA names was simply because i was giving examples of IRISH indy wrestlers who have an INTERNATIONAL FANBASE

To me an Indy wrestler would be someone who wrestles for different companys and GETS CALLED BACK AND BOOKED INTO MORE SHOWS ON A CONTINUS BASIS
    lol - it's not up for debate - the meaning is clearly defined and isn't open to interpretation: "indy" is short for independant - which means they aren't contracted to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

That would just make you a succesful indy wrestler. Measures of success don't qualify you as indy. It has been good to hear of Devitt and Knox's continued success however, always been a big fan of both.

That would just make you a succesful indy wrestler. Measures of success don't qualify you as indy.

He's just trying to get a pathetic dig in - let him have his moment. He must be pissed that MMM has a website better than the whole NWA Ireland site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Mad Man Manson is a regular wrestler in such Independent promotions as IwW, TBW and MEW.

leggo wrote:
    Mad Man Manson is a regular wrestler in such Independent promotions as IwW, TBW and MEW.
    Hasn't he also wrestled in the US and New Zealand?

But to also be a indy wrestler dont you have to be a PROFESSIONAL

And there is little to **** all pros in ireland

The only people i would call pro would be

S.O.S,Fergal Devitt, Paul Tracey, Vic Viper, Joey Cabray and Rebecca Knox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

back on topic people - Manson's site is very good, and looks great

my only issue is the (IMO) pointless animated image intro and the annoying "Requirements: 1024x768 resolution (minimum), Broadband connection recommended"

I think a site (speaking as a developer) should be viewable no matter what resolution you are in

But to also be a indy wrestler dont you have to be a PROFESSIONAL

And there is little to **** all pros in ireland

The only people i would call pro would be

S.O.S,Fergal Devitt, Paul Tracey, Vic Viper, Joey Cabray and Rebecca Knox
    Joey Cabray??? WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

I'd have my doubts if any of them made their living solely from wrestling with the exception of maybe Devitt which would qualify you as a full time pro indy wrestler but a a ton of wrestlers hold down day jobs to support their fragile wrestling careers, doesn't make them any less professional. I don't actually even know where you are coming from with this, you mean pro as in they do it full time or pro in the way they carry themselves or number of promotions worked for?

I saw Devitt working in Connolly train station last year on my way to college, so he doesn't JUST wrestle.

Advertisement