Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Motorola E770v or Samsung ZV10

• 09-01-2006 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Which one of these cheap 3G phones is better. There both the same price but which one should i buy. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

E770v i picked over these two. Mostly because of the card but its a great phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Unless you want a huge amount of memory I'd go with the zv10. It looks alot nicer and as well as that, Motorolas can be unreliable at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Cactus Mac

Which one has the best camera e.g which one takes clearer pictures and which one records videos the best.

well with the 64mb card you get with the e770v its 3mins video. When you expand it i presume it can be more. quality is suprisingly good for a vga cam 4x zoom, outdoor, night mode, indoor mode, green red blue and antique effects as well as exposure etc. Then there is a light which can act as a flash too.it neat id recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

At a net cost of 9.00 bucks (RTG) for the E770v, I purchased on the basis that if I didn't like it I would pop it in the re-cycle bin and kiss it good bye, at very little expense ...... :)

I still have it some 5 weeks later and it's a nice little phone that is increasing looking like it will grow old with me :p

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I sue the e770v for taking pics for my blog and the quality isn't bad at all. Night shots are a touch weak but that's to be expected...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭nitroboy

I got the samsung zv10 and I'm pretty happy with it, can't really fault it. I cant see myself using up the 40 megs or so of memory any time soon.the file viewer is pretty handy too, pdf, ppt word etc can be stored and viewed, v.handy. Don't know much about the motorolla though. Hopefully I can get some good apps to stick onto the samsung!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I would definitely recommend the Motorola. I got mine yesterday and it's everything I could hope for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

liamskater wrote:
    well with the 64mb card you get with the e770v its 3mins video.

3 mins with 64mb? a 6680 will do an hour with a 64 mb card and thats at 1.3mp. i just took the memory card out of mine and with its 10mb internal memory it'll do 8 mins. i know that on nokias they set the default video length really short by default for some reason. look for an option to increase it

Its 3 mins max clip length.... don't have it with me so don't know how many 3min clips the 64mb can hold.

• Advertisement

parsi wrote:
    Its 3 mins max clip length.... don't have it with me so don't know how many 3min clips the 64mb can hold.

are you sure about that? i know a lot of people who thought the 6230i could only do 15 second videos because nokia set it to that length for some bizarre reason. in the video settings you can change it from 15 seconds to an hour. i'd assume you can do the same on the e770v. it seems such a pointless waste of a memory card if it cuts you off at 3 mins

are you sure about that? i know a lot of people who thought the 6230i could only do 15 second videos because nokia set it to that length for some bizarre reason. in the video settings you can change it from 15 seconds to an hour. i'd assume you can do the same on the e770v. it seems such a pointless waste of a memory card if it cuts you off at 3 mins

Yeah just checed it on the phone - video length is set to max which gives 3 mins...

parsi wrote:
    Yeah just checed it on the phone - video length is set to max which gives 3 mins...

ok then. thats a bit ghey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Cactus Mac

Whats the max clip length for the zv10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭nitroboy

you can set the video clip to 10, 20 30 secs or all memory, dont know how long that is though!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭thelurcher

Site worth checking out for anyone interested in buying the E770v:
    http://www.project-e770v.com/

I'm going to order one today.

the e770v has flight mode too, forgot to say that

the e770v has flight mode too, forgot to say that

that means if you loose it , it will fly home, all on it's own .... ;)

ps. a great chocie bar phone that costs little (9.00 euros net on RTG) and will teach you all about 3G ... photos ...video .... music .... usb and bluetooth and a whole bunch of other things ... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭thelurcher

AVOID THIS PHONE - it does not work with a lot of types of bluetooth devices :mad:

I got it working with a headset but as for even finding other phones and PC's it's useless.

Will pair with my Mac but there are no services available and you can't send files to or from it - seems to be happening with lots of people that have one.

With basic functionality like this broken - they can't have put much time into testing the product - so what else is knackered or going to go wrong :confused:

and bluetooth was supposed to make connectivity easy :D can i get a woooooooooooow motorola

• Advertisement

thelurcher wrote:
    AVOID THIS PHONE - it does not work with a lot of types of bluetooth devices :mad:

I got it working with a headset but as for even finding other phones and PC's it's useless.

Will pair with my Mac but there are no services available and you can't send files to or from it - seems to be happening with lots of people that have one.

With basic functionality like this broken - they can't have put much time into testing the product - so what else is knackered or going to go wrong :confused:

Bluetooth is working. I moved my files from my e770v to my k750i over bluetooth. I have used the e770v to send photos via bluetooth to my ericsson media viewer on the TV.

I have done file exchanges with it on the mac but isync and stuff isnt supported. It has worked excellently with my laptop - file exchange and obex push etc.

Strangely I find that the colours on the e770v are more vibrant (on screen) than the k750i.

AVOID THIS PHONE - it does not work with a lot of types of bluetooth devices

With basic functionality like this broken - they can't have put much time into testing the product - so what else is knackered or going to go wrong

strange :rolleyes: ... while I don't use the Bluetooth option I can send files up ...down ...across etc with my USB connection .... all the peeps I know seem to be able to use all the phones functions to it's full cabability :) .....

Advertisement