Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGP cards supporting 1680x1050

Options
  • 09-01-2006 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

HI all, I've just gotten a 20" TFT and my current piece of crpa graphics card is now holding me back.

Basically I need a card that'll support 1680x1050 (or WSXGA I believe it's referred to as) plus it's got to be AGP as i've no PCI-E slot :( I'm not interested in gaming or high performance in that regard just want something (cheap) that'll let me run that res.Any of ye run at this? what cards do ye use or recommend? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'd think into looking at cheap cards, but check whether you need DirectX9 or not for applications -- if not, you could get away with a €37 MX4000 ;)
    Just remember that 128mb RAM is sufficient on a card; 256mb is probably overkill/marketing BS.

Advertisement