Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ideas needed

Options
  • 09-01-2006 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

hi i have to do a personal project for the leaving cert and i need some ideas, i want to do it about local history of athlone, but the castle would be to obvious. help!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

hi i have to do a personal project for the leaving cert and i need some ideas, i want to do it about local history of athlone, but the castle would be to obvious. help!!!!!!!!

What about something on the churches in the town? Or abbeys in the locality etc? The local workhouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Or how about an incident during the war of independence or the civil war???
    I did mine on an IRA ambush in my local area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

I did mine on the land war in my local area (Dont know how relevant it is to Athlone) but I got an excellent mark (I went in and looked at my paper), 72/80

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Why dont you write about the Bridges old and new considering they have been of the great significance to the growth of the town since records began

2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

Maybe The Famine?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

Maybe The Famine?

In my time, you had to pick a topic between 1868 and 1966. So that would rule the famine out.

Dont know if they have the same course nowadays as I am getting old!

Advertisement