Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Walkman in town the W810i

• 09-01-2006 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Heres the new W series walkman phone from Sony Ericsson.

Its a cross between the W800i and the K750i. wit a few upgrades like no joystick :D. Quadband and Edge.
    Its due out around March/April and i think it will come in Black and White.
    No price yet im gonna get it cause it will be an improvement on my W550i

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I was looking at that myself on gsmarena... then couldn't see anywhere to buy it until someone pointed out it wasn't for sale yet.

A definite possible replacement to my k750i....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Hate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Nice but not enough of a reason for me to upgrade my W800i.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Yeah id love to see the look on the faces of people who think this is soo cool and bought a w800i today.Be soo frikin hilarious *points and laughs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I'd only upgrade from my K750i if it had better video and for the USB 2.0 (don't think I'd ever use EDGE...)

But I just got the HPM-70 earphones today, have yet to try them out for longer than a minute or two, but they sound great, really block everything else out. :D
    Tried them with my PC speakers too = awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭gearbox

anybody know of any spec upgrades??? or is just a change of design?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭gearbox

actually just checked it out only upgrades is edge & quadband & a new design everything else is the exact same as the w800i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Looks pretty nifty. It looks like its based on the K750 / W800 "chasis", so I'll bet it'll be possible to do a case swap (as its also possible to change the joystick on the K750 / W800)

Still, quite happy with my K750. Orange and Black don't really seem to go together imo.

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The only things that look off to me are the lesser memory compared to the K750i or the W800i. Also the orange button on the left looks a bit "off" but not enough reason not to buy it :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

L Orange and Black don't really seem to go together imo.

Dave

I think it looks good.

Have the K750i but when its time to get a new phone I'll defo be checking this one out.

gearbox wrote:
    actually just checked it out only upgrades is edge & quadband & a new design everything else is the exact same as the w800i
    This has USB 2.0. Minor change, but important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The W800i doesn't have USB 2.0? Mine transfers across pretty fast. Definitely not USB 1.1 speeds.

Oh, I just read it from GSMArenas W800 page.

Guess the K750 people get the slowness. :(
    Meh!

Advertisement