Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zen Firmware Problem

• 09-01-2006 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I got a 20gb Zen last week. It worked fine up till yesterday. It didn't fall or anything like that. When I try to turn it on i get "Rebuilding libary" and then when the status bar gets to 50% it says "Firmware problem"

I have the latest firmware installed on it. I tried to get into recovery mode by putting a paper clip into the reset button and sliding over the power switch but nothing happened...it still went into rebuilding libary.....Any ideas?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

First off, there's a forum for this...

Secondly, yeah - you'll probably need to get into recovery mode to do this (there's a thread in the Portable Media Players forum that has a link to a how-to on all Creative players for getting into recovery mode)

It's possible the player is a bit borked though - best bet is to bring it back to the place you bought it and talk to their resident technician (if they have one) - get it sorted out under the warranty.

Advertisement