Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boiler house

Options
  • 09-01-2006 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Has many people used this... Whats it like? Does the place be busy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There was a thread on it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=297408 . More people posted to decry it than to actually answer the OP's question though. (The useful posts are the ones by jamiecake on the first page).

We can try the thread again I guess. I'd ask people who haven't been to the place not to post simply to pass judgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I think that it is mad that we don't have 'love motels' over here to be honest.
    They should not just be for gay couples :)

PS: You can post to this forum without logging in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I have no problem responding under my username.

I've been. Once. I have to say that, although it wasn't extremely pleasant, I do believe that everyone should go at least once. I suggest you don't go alone for your first time.
    Here's a brief overview for anyone that is considering.
    You go in, pay €20, and get a rubber bracelet with a key on it.
    Go to locker, open with key. All clothes off, and into locker. Out comes towel, 2 condoms, 2 packs of lube. There is also a cafe/bar on the ground floor. Comes in handy for water.
    Up some stairs, we have a steamroom, sauna and jacuzzi. The steamroom is split in two as such. One side (the side you go in) has some wooden decking to sit/lie on, but at the back, it opens up around to a completely dark area, where (I think) the idea was "find an ass & f*ck".
    I go a bit hazy at this stage on what's around, but there are showers, a bathroom, smoking area also. There are also private rooms, some with a TV showing some pr0n. The matresses are quite thin and are covered in leather, with a matching pillow. There is also a bin, and a sign saying that the rooms are cleaned hourly. A dimmer switch also is included in most rooms, so you can see what you're doing if needs be. Some of these rooms have men in them laying, waiting for you to join them. Most were older.
    Up on the top floor, there are a few larger "party rooms", and also two larger TVs showing two different pr0n movies.

The place opens at midday and closes at 6AM. Feel free to ask me more questions.

-snappieT

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

If you go in, what is expected? Do you walk around with your towel around your waist? I would probably get a hard-on walking around, would anybody take any notice if i was hard? By that, i mean, will they look at me like im a tool or will it be normal for guys to just be walking around with a hard on?!

Once you get with a guy, is sex expected? Or is a w*nk or bl*wjob good enough?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

snappieT wrote:

I've been. Once. I have to say that, although it wasn't extremely pleasant, I do believe that everyone should go at least once. I suggest you don't go alone for your first time.

Ok ive never been not that im knocking it but if i ever was to go im not goin to go with a friend. Could you imagine been naked with a friend in a gay sauna lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

carbonkid wrote:
    Ok ive never been not that im knocking it but if i ever was to go im not goin to go with a friend. Could you imagine been naked with a friend in a gay sauna lol.

You'd be wearing a towel for some of it!

snappieT wrote:

Go to locker, open with key. All clothes off, and into locker. Out comes towel, 2 condoms, 2 packs of lube. There is also a cafe/bar on the ground floor. Comes in handy for water.
    Up some stairs, we have a steamroom, sauna and jacuzzi. The steamroom is split in two as such. One side (the side you go in) has some wooden decking to sit/lie on, but at the back, it opens up around to a completely dark area, where (I think) the idea was "find an ass & f*ck".
    I go a bit hazy at this stage on what's around, but there are showers, a bathroom, smoking area also. There are also private rooms, some with a TV showing some pr0n. The matresses are quite thin and are covered in leather, with a matching pillow. There is also a bin, and a sign saying that the rooms are cleaned hourly. A dimmer switch also is included in most rooms, so you can see what you're doing if needs be. Some of these rooms have men in them laying, waiting for you to join them. Most were older.
    Up on the top floor, there are a few larger "party rooms", and also two larger TVs showing two different pr0n movies.

The place opens at midday and closes at 6AM. Feel free to ask me more questions.

-snappieT

In the other forum, peopel were slating it. Would you go again? I sure if you wanted to go in, and just chill out that would be cool as weel?

I'm also wondering about the hardon question... Do people walk around with hardons.... If so, sounds like my kinda place?

I wondering do any straight guys go aswell??

I wondering do any straight guys go aswell??

About 2 years ago I bumped into a "straight" guy from my old school who was in Tease with this gay guy who used to be in my school. He claimed he went there once out of curiosity. He mentioned the thing about guys sitting in private rooms beckoning other guys to come in btw.

In other countries there's the "men who have sex with men" phenomenon, as in tops who don't consider themselves gay as "it's just like ****ing a woman really" and who go to bathhouses to experiment without getting into relationships.

I guess the answer is "straight" people do go, make what you want out of the quotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Walbert

Lads,

Thanks for the replies... As ask by someone before, what about hardons?
    What type of people generally use these, there isn't just dirty old men, is there???

• Advertisement

Walbert wrote:
    Lads,

What type of people generally use these, there isn't just dirty old men, is there???

Look man its a gay sauna, everyone will have hard ons otherwise your in the wrong place and alot of other stuff will be going on right infront of you!

You seem really keen so you should go cheak it out, whats the worst that can happen. You should reply again to this thread to say what you thought of it :p

Walbert wrote:
    Lads,

Well, to be honest, I didn't really notice. I wasn't until it got to the action, and no-one was in the jacuzzi for sure. You can't really see elsewhere.
    You wear a towel around your waist as you walk arount, and there was the occasional bulge in the towel. It's not necessary to be hard as you walk around, but there doesn't seem be be a problem with it.
    As for old men, you do have the occasional one, a couple of 40something people, but overall it is a mixed crowd. I can safely say I was the youngest (at 17) in there, but not by much.

I think I would go again, but he would have to be bloody hot!

As for the going with a friend, I meant someone you knew even the teensiest bit. Even if you brought someone you picked up in the G some night. I really don't think its a good idea to find someone in there. Even find someone on Gaydar that would be up for it. Know SOMETHING. I would imagine Gaydar would come in useful for finding out preferences of others, espically when it comes to Active/Passive. Alcohol can also hinder your better judgement. In a club, it's just a kiss, here things are a bit more serious, you really need to have an idea what (or who for that matter) you are doing.mThe people waiting in rooms for someone to join them seemed to be of the older generation (*cough, damien.m!*). Just like anywhere else, you do what you want. If you don't want to do anal, don't! If you're a top and so is the other guy, then go find yourself someone else. Don't feel obliged to do anything.

Someone also sent me a PM about the race of the customers. I have replied to them, but for anyone who is wondering, it seems to be the same percentage makeup as the crowd in the George: most were white (or is caucasian the P.C. one at the mo.)

Once again, any more questions, fire away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Why do you feel everyone should try it?

I'm not really sure. It was said to me about a year before I went, and I just felt that it was completely true. It's an experience, and it seems to play a decent part of gay culture worldwide.

snappieT wrote:
    I'm not really sure. It was said to me about a year before I went, and I just felt that it was completely true. It's an experience, and it seems to play a decent part of gay culture worldwide.

It's fairly depressing that it does play such a part, and kinda explains the growing amounth of LGBT people who feel disconnected and distances from the gay community. I know I've a growing distain.

That's grand but it's off-topic to this thread and that view was well expressed on the other thread. Feel free to start a thread on the morals of bathhouses in general if you wish.

It's basically a whole other topic in itself. I might start one.

Hi, I have been a few times, and can say that on every occassion I have had some action. The place is used by guys who want to try something different. There are not many discreet places around that allow for this type of stuff and this place allows for this to take place. YOu dont have to get involved, just enjoy the place,a nd if you feel you want to have sum fun, then go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Deswill wrote:
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    Except twenty quid and the chance of picking up an STD (I can't imagine how high the risk is there if your go off with randomers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I'm not gay... i've never been there... but I heard from a gay guy in college that his mate went in there and got stabbed... in the ass (with a knife) :eek:

Somebody asked whats the worst that could happen, well thats one of them.

• Advertisement

Sounds like someone was telling you fairy tales. (pardon the pun).

I'm not gay... i've never been there... but I heard from a gay guy in college that his mate went in there and got stabbed... in the ass (with a knife) :eek:

Somebody asked whats the worst that could happen, well thats one of them.

rotflol - for some people it can feel like that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I say its more like a hammer than a knife...

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Ever heard the expression needle d1ck? :D

MicraBoy wrote:
    Ever heard the expression needle d1ck? :D

Nope, guessing that just means small?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

snappieT wrote:

-snappieT

were is it

chiller wrote:
    were is it

It's off Dame street, down a lane.

It's off Dame street, down a lane.
    http://www.the-boilerhouse.com is the website.
    From Trinity College/Grafton St.
    Walk along Dame Street towards Chistchurch, pass the Olympia. Fogartys Locksmiths and The Oak Bar are at the top of Crane Lane, The Boilerhouse is halfway down on the right hand side.

From the North Side
    Cross the Liffey on Capel Street Bridge. Take the first left turn on Parliment Street, followed by the first right turn onto Crane Lane, The Boilerhouse is halfway up on the left hand side

From Christ Church
    Walk along Dame Street towards Trinity College and take the first left turn after Parliment Street (opposite Dublin Castle) Fogartys Locksmiths and The Oak Bar are at the top of Crane Lane,The Boilerhouse is halfway down Crane Lane on the right hand side

Map:
    dublin1.gif
    (They're a bit retarded in making a semi-transparent gif for the site, works better if you just click here)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

snappieT wrote:
    (They're a bit retarded in making a semi-transparent gif for the site, works better if you just click here)

Oi! Go easy there! I actually did that website about 6 years ago (yes it's completely dated now I do realise, see lack of millenium bridge for proof of its age). The reason it's transparent is because at the time most people were using 28k/56k dial-up and I was trying to reduce d/load time. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 claire_dublin

Ewww lol ;)

Advertisement