Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is this the most amazing superchip ever?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Looks like a right piece of tat....me wonders if it has been dynoed to prove that claim? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

colm_mcm wrote:
    said to have 150bhp. an amazing feat from a 1.0 VW unit. where they got those extra 100 horsies from I'll never know!

go to
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=336636

then click on "click to see more information on this car"

haha!

If it was a turbo diesel 1.9 then i'd well beleive it (that would be one really quick car with so little weight and all that torque) but a 1 litre, unless it a bike engine or Daihatsu charade turbo, would have a real problem making 150 without a turbo and nitrous. Wouldnt last long either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

I hate the way little ****s do this, false advertising but I'm sure someone will fall for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

ando wrote:
    I hate the way little ****s do this, false advertising but I'm sure someone will fall for it

They will yes. It's terrible to think people know so little about their cars, and dont bother to check out details the seller tells them.
    I remember when a girl i went to school with got a car years ago and drove the car for 3 weeks with the oil warning light on, then the engine siezed because of no oil. She said "oh, i thought that light was meant to be on all the time". People should find out all the lights and warnings for their car, and at least be able to fill oil, water, change wheels and fill fuel, as well as changing a battery and using the dipstick. It's amazing how many people i know who'd struggle with that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

its gone now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh theres no mention of bhp at all now

I say it was put up as a joke.Those things are usualy done to see who will spot it first(in the company).

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

just copped that you work there knife fighter!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

even if it was true the torque would be pathetic.

Yeah did it to see if we would get any response to it.Try to see how many people use the net for researching used cars. We got no calls but its was picked up quick here.:D

Dont worry we wouldent have sold as 150BHP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

sounds a bit dubious to me!

were ye seriously retailing that yoke, or does it belong to one of your mechanics?

I see it's still un-sold!

Advertisement