Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City of Heroes - account problems

Options
  • 09-01-2006 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but since it is the MM game board, perhaps someone has run into a similar issue.
    I picked up City of Heroes for £7 at gameplay and I've spent some time tonight trying to activate my account. in order to check out the 30 day trial. But it requires that you provide credit card info before you can use the trial. The damn online form keeps rejecting my credit card info. I've tried with two of my cards but both are giving the same problem.
    I usually don't have any trouble with online transactions but I find on the odd occasion, a US based form gets mixed up with Irish addresses. So I think it is an issue with the address, i.e. there are passing the wrong info to my credit card company (perhaps postal\zip code). Has anyone had any similar experience with this game or any other game on http://www.plaync.com ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I think you also need City of Villians to play as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Email technical support for the developers of the game tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Managed to get it sorted. Seems, the online form didn't like Firefox.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

cancel it now !!!! coh and cov they suck big time you'l enjoy it for a week or two then you notice everything is the exact same thing over and over the missions it randomly generates are all the exact same its really crap :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Lone Stone wrote:
    cancel it now !!!! coh and cov they suck big time you'l enjoy it for a week or two then you notice everything is the exact same thing over and over the missions it randomly generates are all the exact same its really crap :eek:

Yeah I reckon I'll only do the 30 free days. I haven't even got to play it yet. I started it up last night and was met with a 1.6GB patch download that needed to be installed before I could play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Yeah I reckon I'll only do the 30 free days. I haven't even got to play it yet. I started it up last night and was met with a 1.6GB patch download that needed to be installed before I could play.

30 Days isn't long enough to get a feel for the game. It doesn't begin to be very interesting till about level 15 or so, then more so at 25 and really gets good after.
    Missions, I admit are pretty lame after awhile, but it's all about getting those new powers and slotting them up. Then bashing people with 'em.

I have a level 50, a level 38 and a few low level alts. Even for me it's still hard to grit my way through those crappy low levels, but afterwards it's always worth it.

It's also very easy to mess everything up by choosing the wrong powers/slots. After you've decided on a class and powersets go to the boards (eu and u.s. ones) and look up some info on them. Guides for i6 are the ones to go for, i5 is pretty useful but anything before will give you bad info.

Tell you what, make a hero on Defiant and I'll play through a few missions with you. I'll show you both my high level toons and what they can do.
    My Global chat handle is @Rufa so you'll be able to see me on whichever hero I'm playing.

Advertisement