Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dont have ethernet connection

• 09-01-2006 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I joined eircom broadband recently, got the modem last friday, but i cant install it in my pc because it doesnt have a ethernet socket because its 4 years old. there is no usb connection in the modem. what can i do? will i have to sent the modem back

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Rodo

buy an ethernet card in your local computerstore, and install it in your computer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Maplin have em for 9Euro or so, Piece of cake to install (If you have a spare PCi slot)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

What OS are you running anyway.

WinXP systems should auto install the NIC in seconds automatically.

Have you got the model number of your Modem/Router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Buy a PCI ethernet card dude, it'll take all of ten seconds to slot it in. AFAIK Windows XP also has generic drives for network cards so even if the one you end up buying doesn't come with a driver cd (I'm 99% certain it will), XP will do the job for you.

Advertisement