Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd one

Options
  • 09-01-2006 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

It is you know - odd I tells ya :p

I was making the first reply to a post on Comp/Tech. Used the quick reply button and pressed Submit - nothing happened. So I pressed the Quick reply button again, typed my reply again and pressed submit again and got a message that I was posting a duplicate of a post within the last 5 minutes. Ok. I thought - so I'm going crazy. The page forwarded me to the thread and lo and behold there's my post.

Now here's the odd bit - my reply is the first post in the thread! :eek:

The timestamp on both's posts is the same as well.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054872654
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

nothing major, just two posts at the same time.

can't remember why one is before the other tho, specially given you didn't start the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

thread must have been merged/split or something.
    Once, two people replied to two threads at the exact time they were merged. The thread dissapeared and the board went screwy for a while.
    go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Once, two people replied to two threads at the exact time they were merged. The thread dissapeared and the board went screwy for a while.
    go figure.

boards... screwy... never

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    go figure.
    Did they have to reverse the polarity of the forcefield so it would resonate at the same frequency as the dilithium crystals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

That only happened once and I think it's where babies come from...

Edit: KHAAAAN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Captain my scans indicate tetrion radiation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Shabadu wrote:
    Did they have to reverse the polarity of the forcefield so it would resonate at the same frequency as the dilithium crystals?
    Yeah, but it caused a temporal distortion in the fabric of space-time and destroyed the entirety of the 4 dimensional universe. The other dimensions were metaphysically altered to become a whale and a bowl of petunias.
    Luckily for me, I reached the continuum tranfunctioner in time and was able to transfer my conciousness to this alternate dimension.

phew.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
    :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

You have the continuum trans-funck-tioner?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

back on topic.

Experienced this myself just now:

This is my reply to this yet my reply appeared before the question with an earlier time stamp.

???

Advertisement