Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political game?

Options
  • 10-01-2006 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good political game?

I've played Balance of Power and Shadow President, but they're a little old and naff.

I've played PC games based on boardgames like risk, diplomacy and settlers of cataan, but they're just not as good as playing around a board against real people.

There's nation states which is far too simplistic and not really a game.

And there are Tropico and Republic, but they seem too shallow and sensationalist...

Does anyone know a really good in depth political game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Europa Universalis 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

civ 4 is fantastic & has political elements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

The Political Machine?

It's a game based on the US election, you choose a party and candidate(from a list of real life politicians) and go around campaigning, it's more of a satirical game than one with any real depth, but it's entertaining for a while and very authentic in some ways.

I can't really think of anything else I could describe as a 'Political Game' unless you count things like Civilization.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Pretor

I think Hearts of Iron 2 would be a good bet, probably the most political game ive played so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Republic: The Revolution ?

I've never played it, just throwing it out there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Hydrosylator

Deus Ex 2: Invisible War. It's got loud noises, big robots, explosions, sneaky bits, taking over big robots, human-sized cyborgs, and the story is fairly political and philisophical. Oh and you get to shoot things.

Any Civ game will be great though. As far as politics goes, it's just too full of **** to work in a game, if you ask me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I'd love to see a good RTS that mixes diplomacy well, Games like AOE were always enjoyable, but it annoyed me how bad the AI is in regards to setting up alliances and debating conflicts etc.
    Civ 3 was pretty good at it, but I never got that far into it to play it properly.
    Medieval: Total War was pretty good for that kind of thing, though.

Advertisement