Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland electricians/kitchens

Options
  • 10-01-2006 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi there,

Can anybody tell who the are electrician's and kitchen people for Charlesland Park?
    I've got a two bed E type due for completion in late May, hopefully!!! does anybody know if its possible to get additional downlighters and sockets, and add to the kitchen units? Has anybody done any of the above.

Thanks for your help
    Jon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Hi Lakeroad,

I don't know if it's the same procedure, but in the Wood we were sent a plan of the electrics in the house a while before completion; we could then add in additional sockets/dimmers/timers etc for them to install. Not sure about the kitchen units though, what do you want to add to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Do_nal

Hey Lakeroad,

I don't know who the kitchen people are, but the Electricians for Charlesland Park are WW Electrical - if you call Durkans they can give you the number.

I don't think its the same as in Wood where they send you a plan of the electrics. We contacted them directly because we wanted an extra light fitting. There dosen't seem to be any problem in getting extra lights, sockets, etc, but you will have to pay for them. It cost us 45 euro for an extra light fitting at the turn of the stairs. The girl we dealt with was called Brenda. D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ryecatcher

Hi there, we did a few changes -
    Nolan Kitchens Ph 4567621 fit out the units; Daly Kitchen Appliances Ph 4520424; Tiles are Harmony Tiles in Dunshaughlin and the electricians are: 4567183- ww electrical. If you want to make any changes, I'd do it asap and make sure you fax any new plans / changes to the site, just to be sure.
    Haven't checked our house yet - due next month- but as far as I know, all the changes we requested have been done.
    HTH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SJ

hi Ryecatcher - are u 2 bed house also? we are due for completion next month aswell - but realistically don't reckon it will be until April earliest... did you make many changes to yours as a matter of interest? Just wondering if there is anything we should be doing that we arn't!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ryecatcher

Hi SJ, yes we're in a 2 bed and with a toddler (and since buying the house, another one on the way!!!) we wanted a full-sized dishwasher, so we organised to have a full sized fridge/freezer (beside the oven, where the fridge currently is) and then a full-sized dishwasher where the freezer currently is (beside the sink). We also upgraded our kitchen tiles. This involved contacting all the sub-contractors I listed because an elec. socket needed to be moved too. Only Nolan Kitchens charged us what I think was too much for "redesigning" the kitchen. Every other supplier either let it go, or it was minimal.
    If you're wondering about completion date, contact Durkans. They're very helpful (I wouldn't bother with Hooke & MacD, they're totally useless).
    HTH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

Manny7 wrote:
    Hi Lakeroad,

I don't know if it's the same procedure, but in the Wood we were sent a plan of the electrics in the house a while before completion; we could then add in additional sockets/dimmers/timers etc for them to install. Not sure about the kitchen units though, what do you want to add to them?

Thanks for the help, we're thinking of adding a breakfast counter.

ryecatcher wrote:
    Hi there, we did a few changes -
    Nolan Kitchens Ph 4567621 fit out the units; Daly Kitchen Appliances Ph 4520424; Tiles are Harmony Tiles in Dunshaughlin and the electricians are: 4567183- ww electrical. If you want to make any changes, I'd do it asap and make sure you fax any new plans / changes to the site, just to be sure.
    Haven't checked our house yet - due next month- but as far as I know, all the changes we requested have been done.
    HTH.

Thanks for help, thats great info. What type have you purchased?

Thanks for help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SJ

lakeroad wrote:
    Thanks for the help, we're thinking of adding a breakfast counter.

hey we were thinking of doing something similar... are you going to ask the builders to do it? we were just going to put one in when we move in but maybe the builders would do a better job!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Dubhelp

Have a look at mytrade.ie. We set the site up because it is so difficult to find a reliable trademan. We put the time into getting a host of tradesmen on line. All you have to do is email them, it goes striaght to their phone, they write back a text and it comes to you as an email.

We were driven mad trying to get a tradesman thats why we set this up for free!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AJK

Hi,

I recently moved into Charlesland Court.

I changed my counter top from the standard supplied to a black granite breakfast bar and counter top.

I did it myself.

It worked out very well.

AJK.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

How much was the black granite worktop if you dont mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

Bought Type E too and added tv/phone/electric sockets and downlighters downstairs and small kitchen change, was easy to do - well worth it. Used WW electrical and Nolan kitchens. Have to say, delighted with downlighters look great. Welcome to look if you like - send me pm!

Advertisement