Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing? Post-Christmas edition!

Options
  • 10-01-2006 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

Well we haven't had one of these in a while, and I'm sure we've all gotten a few pressies, or sale bargains...

Right now, I'm playing:
    Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
    Ico (PS2)
    Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC)
    Mario Kart DS (DS)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Exams atm:

pre_Jan:

NFS: MW [pc]
    The Movies [pc]
    PES5 [xbox]
    FEAR [pc]
    Sniper Elite [pc]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Osu Tatake Ouendan.
    Kirby Power Paintbrush.
    Diddy Kong Racing.
    Online F.E.A.R.
    Cytoplasm.

But mostly I've been making pretty shapes in the sky with a blue haired guy, Cloud rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Donkey Konga 2 and Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube, Metroid Prime Pinball (too addictive for my liking) and Phoenix Wright on the DS.

Hope to get back into full swing in Castlevania: DOS once I have the latter complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 destroyhumans!!

Im playing a ton of socom fire team bravo, awesome game. Any of you play it on wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭T17cH

Got me a psp and got a few isos
    Fired up,metal gear acid,Nfsmw and burnout legends :D
    also started playin Dungeon Keeper 2 on pc, classic:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

PC :

BF2
    Fable
    Age of Empires 3
    Need For Speed Most Wanted

DS :

Nintendogs
    Advance Wars
    Mario Kart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PC
    Conflict Global Storm coop online

GC
    Mario football

DS
    Advance wars
    Super mario DS
    Mario Kart

Ps2
    Prince of Persia 2
    Friends the one with all the ****

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

just bf2 (and a little tekken 5)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

PC:

Ground Control 2 -goin for 10 quid and i loved original. Some of my fav things from original have been cut out and the new stuff is interesting but not actually entertaining yet, hoping it will get better.

DS:

Kirby Magic Paintbrush...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Meteos...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

PS2

God of War.. slicy dicy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition for PC

Great game, shame about the visuals..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

PES 5 (xbox & psp), Condemned, PD0 and COD2 (360)

Condemned is best entertainment i've had from a console in quite a while. Besides Pro Evo obviously...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

PC:
    Psychonauts
    Uplink

DS:
    Zoo Keeper (6 minute High Score mode owns my soul)
    Fifa 06 (buggy mess)
    Trauma Center: Under the Knife (Rock hard, but really good, incredibly tense)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Jammer wrote:
    PES 5 (xbox & psp), Condemned, PD0 and COD2 (360)

Condemned is best entertainment i've had from a console in quite a while. Besides Pro Evo obviously...

What's condemned like gameplay wise jammer?..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

at them mo. Just got a DS and its the only game I have, tho I have Advance Wars on the way, as well as Tekken 5 ( from play-asia.com only bout 12euro ) for the PS2 which I don't have access to (cos cant get it to work on Kiwi tvs). But it would be WE9 all the way if I could play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Ground Control 2 -goin for 10 quid and i loved original. Some of my fav things from original have been cut out and the new stuff is interesting but not actually entertaining yet, hoping it will get better.
    Not as good single player as the original, but probably the best multi player strategy game out there. If you're ever up for a game there are a few Irish players still online pretty regularly, look out for unwashedvillager and HaVoC. It's got a very starcraftish community though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Currently playing

dawn of war: winter assault
    jdoom: hell revealed (droooool sooo much nostalgia)
    classic doom (doom shareware using doom3 prettyness)
    fightnight 2
    fightnight 3 demo
    resi4 will eventually finish it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

PSP:
    GTA: Liberty City Stories: Had it ages now but the multiplayer will never get old.
    Broken Sword: SCUMMVM is great, going back to one of my all time favourite games. Just a pity it doesn't support sleep mode.

DS:
    Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time: Hilarious script, gameplay can be very frustrating at times though!

Xbox:
    Jade Empire: Taking up most of my time at the moment though I've almost completed it I think. I don't like it as much as KOTOR, the fighting seems to make 'how fast can you press A' override any effort you put into developing your character. Story and puzzles are very solid though.

X360:
    Fight Night demo: for showing off purposes, though the gameplay is growing on me more and more, its great in two player and I'm starting to enjoy playing the computer too
    Mutant Storm: Fun in two player, why doesn't it support four players!!!
    CoD2: For multiplayer, although the campaign is still fun to dip into
    NFS: MW: Near the end of this, the police chases are getting very frantic! Racing can get a bit boring and easy at times but the police chases could be a game by themselves.

PC:
    WoW: Still having ocassional relapses, where I log on with my level 60 character and chat and dos around, can't remember the last time I actually did a quest or an instance. Feign death, a pink flamingo pet and newbie areas are a great mix!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

All xbox.
    Just finished lego star wars
    Half life 2
    far cry
    pro evo 4
    King kong
    Monkey ball deluxe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

PS2
    We Love Katamari: Was playing it until I gave the PS2 to my friend to beat MGS3

Gamecube
    Baten Kaitos: Excellent traditional JRPG. Brilliant battle system.

Xbox
    Super Monkey Ball Deluxe: Missed out on GC games. Bit of a bargain for 20 yoyos
    Gun: Finished it this weekend (in a weekend :( ). Great fun but just far too short. Would have been a GTA beater if it was about 5 times longer and bigger.

PC
    Warcraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal: Finished Starcraft Broodwar and now back into some classic Blizzard goodness. Shame my PC is out of action for a few more days.

DS:
    Pheonix Wright: Love it. Makes my bus journey to college bareable
    Warioware Twisted: Best Warioware yet and far better than the DS game.

PSP
    Gathering Dust: a bit of Wipeout Pure when I could be bothered.

Saturn:
    Castlevania: Nocturne in the moonlight: Was enjoying it until my transformer broke so no Saturn for me until I get a new one. Symphony of the Night is better. There is more slowdown and some truly awful mesh transparencies in the Saturn version. It does have extra areas on the map but they aren't all that interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

playing Gun and PD0 on the 360 a lot lately

Bit of Ridge Racers and Virtua Tennis on the psp too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Trauma Center: Under the Knife - Fun game... but it really makes you feel guilty when you fail.

Metroid Pinball - A lot more fun than it sounds. Great multiplayer mode too.

Animal Crossing : Wide World - Ah... so much fun... I'm currently saving for my second house upgrade. Oh.. and I even spent new years eve with my animal friends... there were fireworks and everything.

I'm also playing Prince of Persia :The Two Thrones on the Xbox... but haven't had enough time to play it really.

I also got Project Gotham Racing 3 for the Xbox 360 today... so hopefully I'll have time to give that a go later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Playing Castlevania Aria of Sorrow and Metroid Fusion on my new Gameboy Micro.
    Playing Phoenix Wright, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing on my DS. Don't have enough time to play all the games I want to.
    My xbox and gamecube are very unloved at the moment.

Oh also playing Civ4 on the PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Trauma Center: Under the Knife - Fun game... but it really makes you feel guilty when you fail.

Metroid Pinball - A lot more fun than it sounds. Great multiplayer mode too.

Animal Crossing : Wide World - Ah... so much fun... I'm currently saving for my second house upgrade. Oh.. and I even spent new years eve with my animal friends... there were fireworks and everything.

I'm also playing Prince of Persia :The Two Thrones on the Xbox... but haven't had enough time to play it really.

I also got Project Gotham Racing 3 for the Xbox 360 today... so hopefully I'll have time to give that a go later today.

Traded Project Gotham in yesterday, just really couldn't get into it

should have held off on buying a racer till RR6 came out

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Traded Project Gotham in yesterday, just really couldn't get into it

should have held off on buying a racer till RR6 came out
    Well I'm not a big racer fan either. I picked it up cheaply enough on boards.ie though, so I'll give it a go. I used to enjoy Metropolis Street Racer on the Dreamcast and this is really just an evolution of it I assume... although I've never played any of the Project Gotham games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

GC:
    Tales of symphonia:
    still playing it, i tend to dip in and out once and while, something about the game never makes it hold my interest for very long, but every now and again i get an urge to plough onwards.

DS:
    Sonic Rush:
    almost finished just have one last Special stage to clear. Dunno why i'm bothering though, really didn't like this game, there were too many "instant death" sections

Advance Wars DS:
    Finally got past the annoying forest mission, now it's time for the one with the two giant volcanos. And War room is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

DS: Mariokart
    PC: The Movies, Freelancer
    Xbox: Starwars battlefront II

and i need to finish an essay for tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Resident Evil 4 and God of War.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Xbox:
    Half Life 2
    Doom 3
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

PS2: Matrix Path of Neo

PSP:
    Pursuit Force
    Need For Speed MW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher