Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still worth getting a DS?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

chrislad wrote:
    You can add Mario and Luige: Partners in Time to that list. Just imported it, great game.
    Can I ask what site you're using, chrislad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

www.dvdboxoffice.com is pretty good. I haven't used it myself but I know a bunch of people who have and have all been very pleased. It'll cost you £25 or so for M&L and I think it's free shipping.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DVDboxoffice have dreadful shipping. You could be waiting anywhere from 1 week to a month for a game. I found www.playasia.com a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Another vote for Partners in Time. Usually hate RPGs, but this is something really special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

get one for Castlevania alone.
    it's one of only 4 games from the past 6 years to make me sit back and say "fúck me... this is some game!"
    might not be to everyone's taste, but i'm loving every second of it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

tman wrote:
    get one for Castlevania alone.
    it's one of only 4 games from the past 6 years to make me sit back and say "fúck me... this is some game!"
    might not be to everyone's taste, but i'm loving every second of it:)

actually just got this this morning....still trying to get me poor adled head round it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

it kind of bombards you with crap at the start, and i got stuck for ages after the first boss battle.
    the bit where you have to equip the spirit armour, jump and hold R
    it's well worth persevering with though, the stats and all that start to make sense after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

TimAy wrote:
    Well, i was thinking of picking up a nintendo DS as they seem to be going nice and cheap these days and would love to get into another advance wars game. What other decent titles has it got going for itself? Is it still worth the buy?
    still worth to buy you ask
    ya so much more to come out for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

its hard to beleive as a former PSP owner but the DS games are far superior, so so many good games for it now, PSP is kind of like the xbox360 looks real good but the games are utter drivel,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I heard that Ds emulators will be poppring about in a while, some mad asian hacker has kinda hacked one or something.

I'm jsut gna wait and get a ds on my psp =D

Although seemingly there is a mega overhaul or some **** wit hthe screen etc, im a bit sceptical.

I have a psp, and cant economise buying a ds for advance wars.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

...you're not really getting the concept of dual screens are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Inisin

I'm jsut gna wait and get a ds on my psp =D

DS games on the PSP.... sounds like it'll be compairable to playing FPS games with a game pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

i could see very many broken screens where someone tried to get the stylus to work :p

Advertisement