Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mustard kicks Ass

• 10-01-2006 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭

Just thuoght i'd give my vote of support to mustard. It rocks. Best sauce/ spice thing ever. MMMMMMM........christmas ham and mustard sandwiches withh real thick bread..... oh yeah.
    On a more negative not, Mustard is dangerous, once ate a loaded spoon as a challenge and thought i'd die. That was horrific but i lived, and still like mustard. :):):):D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ruins a hotdog though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

It sure is delicious alright!!

Think I've only had that old english colemans stuff tho! Is pickililiiliiliiiii classed a mustard?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

Trilla wrote:
    Ruins a hotdog though

Be gone demon...... I cast thee out!!!!!!!!! Sacrilige against mustard. Mustard rocks, Jesus said so.

Con_316 wrote:
    Be gone demon...... I cast thee out!!!!!!!!! Sacrilige against mustard. Mustard rocks, Jesus said so.

Ok boss...whatever gets your taste buds goin

AlienGav wrote:
    It sure is delicious alright!!

Think I've only had that old english colemans stuff tho! Is pickililiiliiliiiii classed a mustard?!
    The casting out was not aimed at you. Yes mustard is the ultimate flavouring. Colemans is good for heat but try french mustard for a smoother flavour. better for sliced ham or chicken.

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote:
    Ok boss...whatever gets your taste buds goin

That would be Mustard, Hence bieng in the mustard forum.....:v:

pickalilli is not really mustard, but almost as good.

Lads please stop your making me hungry.

I know, goin for a bowl of frosties now..fcukers!

Trilla wrote:
    I know, goin for a bowl of frosties now..fcukers!

Away Pig!!!!!!!

Every try horseradish ??? :eek: I taught it was going to taste like coleslaw, so I ate a big spoon full, big big mistake. :v:

Yes i can see how you'd experience problems there.:(

• Advertisement

that amount of mustard is bordering on mildly sexual.
    Sorry, i have problems i know. I'm now really annoyed, having found that someone left the mustard jar back in empty, meaning i had false hope about the possibility of a ham, sausage, mustard and Gouda sandwich, but NO, THERE WAS NO FUC*IN MUSTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Con_316 wrote:
    pickalilli is not really mustard, but almost as good.

thats some good sh-t

I see some coleman's AND some Picililililiili downstairs... what should i make?! I don't really wanna dive in with a spoon, and a Ham and Mustard sandwhich is just like soooo 1996 :rolleyes: Any suggestions?! ;)

AlienGav wrote:
    I see some coleman's AND some Picililililiili downstairs... what should i make?! I don't really wanna dive in with a spoon, and a Ham and Mustard sandwhich is just like soooo 1996 :rolleyes: Any suggestions?! ;)
    ACtually, ham and mustard was he first sandwich ever, as invented by the earl of sandwich to be tidier while eating his ham and mustard while playing cards.

Tell me what you got to pu in and i tell you what i'd do

Well.. We have a selection of cheeses! And various cooked meats! Namely Salammi, ham, chicken, turky and pork! The turkey's a bit whiffy tho, might try be a pioneer like Mr Joseph Sandwhich himself, and invent something mind blowing! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

mustard,you know your stuff

Try the thickest , most rustic bread you have, the strongest, fullest flavoured cheese, add a nice portion of pork, and some chicken(if you like those tastes together) and a large amount of mustard. AS for the piclalilli, mke an open (toasted would be good) sandwich, with pickallili, a lighter cheese, possibly some onion, some chicken, and melted cheese over it. takes a while but worth it

county wrote:
    mustard,you know your stuff

Indeed. I have spent years of trying different mustards, i've found that you can't beat colemans for good filling sandwiches or christmas, but for picnics you must have french. Danish mustard is good for turkey and german is great for use with bratwurst or in a burger made with minced pork, freshly sliced pickled gherkins, fresh fried onion and melted red cheddar cheese. You must also add fresh (and i mean fresh) lettuce

Is it possible to overdose on mustard ?

Bo bo, I believe it is possible. As in, if you ate too much at once, i believe the severity of the taste and the sensation of "burning" you get from it could be too much for someone's system to take and you may well collapse or even go into some kind of breakdown if the excruciating experience became too much for the mind to deal with:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Trilla wrote:
    Ruins a hotdog though
    Oooh, controversial!

I got Avoca Irish mustard from Kris Kringle and it is pure goodness. Lovely mild tasate with honey tinge. Goes with eeeeeeeverything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I am just after coming accross this forum.

What the hell?? - MUSTARD. :mad:

Is there a Red sauce forum as well. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Pfft, don't be silly. Red sauce is nowhere near as important as mustard.

Advertisement