Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

philips tv acting strange

Options
  • 10-01-2006 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭

we have a philips 32" 50hz (don't have the model number on me) at home and everytime u turn it on it turns itself back off...

its working fine otherwise but its just an annoyance really...

anybody experienced/know this problem

thanx in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

jcoote wrote:
    we have a philips 32" 50hz (don't have the model number on me) at home and everytime u turn it on it turns itself back off...

its working fine otherwise but its just an annoyance really...

anybody experienced/know this problem

thanx in advance :)

It's working fine otherwise how do you know if its turning off is there a delay and if so is there a timer set or are u sitting on the remote?lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

the screen goes black and the power led in the front of the tele is shines brighter than normal indicating standby mode (maybe turns off wasn't the best choice of words)

no timer set no...when u take it out of stanby mode (ie turn it back on) it works until u turn the main power off at the front of the set again????????

actually u might have cracked it i am sitting on the remote :p...i'm not that bad :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Hmm?, something sounds wrong internally then if it doesn't power on - busted tube maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

would there be picture interference if the tube was damaged??????

there is no interference at the moment at least

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It could be anything, from a dodgy capacitor, to a faulty IC, or maybe the processor is acting up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I have the very same TV in the kids playroom and when I turn it on the very same thing happens. The only difference to you though is that the word "locked" is up on the screen. When I turn it on the second time all is then fine.

The tv is about 4 years old. Its been like that for the last 6 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

From my past experiences of repairing TV's, it sounds like a dry joint on the power supply board. It will only get worse over time until something blows! My advise is to get it serviced.

Cheers

Snake ;)

Advertisement