Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amazon.com CD didn't arrive

Options
  • 10-01-2006 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

I bought a CD from Amazon.com- not directly from them, it was a marketplace order. That was 1/11/05. It never arrived. I emailed them twice in the last few days and got no reply. Tonight I left negative feedback. They immediately replied with this:

"I read your feedback…..we would like to propose a resolution…..the item can take up to 2 months to arrive maybe longer and usps does lose intl items…
    If you remove feedback we will issue a full refund and if it shows up can you email us to repay or mark it refused return to sender? Thanks"

I think its a bit cheeky looking for feedback to be removed. I am entitled to a full refund anyway (I think). Any ideas on what I should do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Well if you haven't recieved it in six years from now you can probably take it your never going to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Yeah... smart.
    Anything to add?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

What mail option was used? If it was sent surface mail then it will take a very long time to arrive and if you chose or agreed to that option then you really have no valid complaint.

If not then I would suggest that you only recind the feedback after you get a refund.

Standard shipping- The estimated delivery was the beginning of December. I ordered another CD at the same time (with another American company) which arrived early December. Am I entitled to a refund anyway? I assume so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I don't trust sellers from marketplace on Amazon tbh, I'm scared enough using eBay but at least there's PayPal protection offered there. Mate, sounds like you got stung, sorry to hear it to be honset.

• Advertisement

I just got a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Was the reply from Amazon or the seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Laguna wrote:
    I don't trust sellers from marketplace on Amazon tbh, I'm scared enough using eBay but at least there's PayPal protection offered there. Mate, sounds like you got stung, sorry to hear it to be honset.

I bought a couple of 2nd hand books through Amazon as well once, never again.

Took weeks for delivery and sellers didn't give a monkeys.

They have their cohorts as well to keep their feedback score high, to counteract legitimate poor feedback.

BrianD wrote:
    Was the reply from Amazon or the seller?
    I got a message from Amazon saying it has been refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Culchie wrote:
    I bought a couple of 2nd hand books through Amazon as well once, never again.

Took weeks for delivery and sellers didn't give a monkeys.

They have their cohorts as well to keep their feedback score high, to counteract legitimate poor feedback.

Ah now hang on there. I've bought 4 second-hand books through Amazon. In one case, I made an €80 saving because, literally, there was dust on the cover. All 4 orders have been fulfilled in immaculate condition... Just thought I'd offer an opposite view as, to be honest, I was very satisfied with the second-hand sellers on amazon.co.uk (some of which are online 'dumping grounds' of real bookstores - even certain Irish ones)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Buying from Amazon Marketplace is safer than buying off ebay. Amazon will process the payment and they will offer a refund if the item has not arrived or if the item is materially different.

I buy and sell using Amazon and I have yet to have a problem other than the high fees Amazon xharge for the selling bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

NoelRock wrote:
    Ah now hang on there. I've bought 4 second-hand books through Amazon. In one case, I made an €80 saving because, literally, there was dust on the cover. All 4 orders have been fulfilled in immaculate condition... Just thought I'd offer an opposite view as, to be honest, I was very satisfied with the second-hand sellers on amazon.co.uk (some of which are online 'dumping grounds' of real bookstores - even certain Irish ones)

You have had your experience, I have had mine... no right or wrong in the matter.

Obviously, with a business model like this, it is completely dependent on the individual sellers being either 'good' or 'bad'.

What p***ed me off most was the sellers attitude to follow up mails...basically "Tough, it will arrive, when it will arrive" .... and I also don't like the way the feedback score is manipulated by cohorts and friends that keeps the score higher than it should be, and muggins here takes the score into account when selecting a seller.
    It took a bit of digging and surfing to spot what is basically a ring of people who falsely tesify to each other's brilliant service and dependability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Laguna wrote:
    I'm scared enough using eBay but at least there's PayPal protection offered there.
    Not worth the paper it's written on. Any ebay/paypal problems I have I just get my cc company to do a chargeback.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Any any ebay issues I had I used paypal to do the refunds - a bit slowish but I got all my money back and at least the seller gets a bit of a doing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Really? I've always found them useless. Counterfeit goods needed to verified by an independent authority at my cost. And they take ages to reply to any email you send. Why bother with that when all I need to do is send off a quick mail to my bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Laguna wrote:

amazon protects payments... its amazon you pay, not the seller directly. so its as safe as paypal.

Advertisement