Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are you vegetarian?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

Can't I use that s word, when I mean it. feces wouldn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭direbadger

samb wrote:
    Can't I use that s word, when I mean it. feces wouldn't work.
    No, it's a cuss-filter. It won't even allow you to talk about ****ake mushrooms!
    Use Irish slang curse words, it doesn't know them...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

There are (supposed to be) two 'i's in shiitake :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Shabadu wrote:
    :eek: That is bloody horrible! I agree with what you're saying about the slaughterhouses in America- did a few case studies on them in college, and having read fast food nation, I'm absolutely horrified by how they treat animals. The way they intensively rear animals and keep them in appaling conditions is completely reprehensible. And for what? Poor quality cheap meat that people don't even need.

The way they treat the workers is also not the best (see http://www.hrw.org if you're interested). The whole industry is a great example of the dangers of excessively liberal regulation.

Advertisement