Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PROBLEM SOLVED! plasma, ntl digital & hdd recorder connection problem

Options
  • 10-01-2006 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

setting up the above for my father last night and I could not get the dvd hdd recorder to see ntl digital. dont have model numbers for any of the items. but it is a 42" LG plasma with hdmi and a philips 80gb hdd dvd recorder.

Ntl Digital to tv on AV1 is ok
    Ntl Cable to tv is ok
    Ntl Cabke to HDD is ok
    Ntl Digital to HDD on av2 is the problem!!

It is strange but when the hdd is in standby, ntl digital appears on av2 (shoud not happen?). Switching on the hdd the ntl cable through the hdd appears on av2 which is correct.

It would seem to mean that the hdd is getting the ntl digital and feeding it on to the the tv but is not seeing it itself.

I have connected the ntl digital straight to the tv via scart on av1 using th ebottom scart socket on the ntl digital box. I have used the second scart on the ntl digital to feed the input on the hdd recorder and then connected the scart output on the hdd recorder to av2 on the tv

sorry if this is a crap explanation but any ideas of where I have gone wrong.

Many thanks

Advertisement