Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

getting a price for vrt

Options
  • 10-01-2006 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi

I am thinking of bringing in a toyota celica 2002 190bhp in from the uk.Tried on the vrt website to get a price for the vrt.Car would be about 11000 sterling.Any ideas how much it would be,or why it wont work on vrt website,keeps saying no celica's

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭toffeapple

11000!!!!! seems mental amount of money..must be mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ncc98071

no cost of car in sterling to buy would be about 10000 sterling
    Sorry

Any ideas what sort of vrt would be charged

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

approx. VRT calculation:
    http://tinypic.com/k127w7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ncc98071

cheers for that
    dunno what i was doing wrong

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

If and when you get your car, go in to the VRT office and 'haggle' Things like condition, mileage etc all come into account. I personally know someone that saved almost 2500 on arguing the point about a car he bought with 108,000 miles!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

ncc98071 could you keep us posted on how your experience with importing your Celica goes. I'm currently looking at importing a 2003 Celica T-Sports into Ireland from the UK as well.

Regards
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ncc98071 wrote:
    no cost of car in sterling to buy would be about 10000 sterling
    Sorry

Any ideas what sort of vrt would be charged

For VRT purposes I don't think it really matters how much you paid for the car in the UK, the VRT people value the car themselves on what they think it is worth here and calculate VRT on that figure. :(

Advertisement