Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juwel filter pads

• 10-01-2006 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

I've loads of filter pads for a Juwel Rekord 70 Aquarium
    Can be used with smaller juwel's if cut in half
    Offers
    Will get pics up later

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Which filter pads are they. My parents have a record 70. Might take some off you. Post a guideline price.

Tah

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

Heres the pics
    I'll sell em for €15
    I've also a lamp for the same tank
    I've the full set plus spares pics of everything coming tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Hi might be a stupid question but are they too small for a Juwel Rio 400?

They would be miles too small for a Rio 400 .. wouldn't even do the rio 125, unless you wanted to overlap filters - I wouldn't imagine that a good idea though.

Out of interest, what fish do you have in the 400?

bubby wrote:
    They would be miles too small for a Rio 400 .. wouldn't even do the rio 125, unless you wanted to overlap filters - I wouldn't imagine that a good idea though.

Out of interest, what fish do you have in the 400?

Hi, got the tank with me da last summer, nice centre piece in sitting room. The tank was €750 complete with fittings. Have about 60-70 neon tetras, a range of mollies and guppies and some middle sizes angel fish. My da picked the rest- dont know many names- small guys on bottom that clean tank little x-ray ones and danio's (i think) there are about 200 in all.Alot of them we got in blanchardstown and dundalk.

• Advertisement

hmmm whenever i put neon tetras in with my angels they dont last a minute and its bye bye neons.....LOL

Yeah - my boyfriend bought 5 Neons for my tank. I was on my way home from work.

"Quick Quick .. there is only 1 left".

The Parrot fish and the angelfish were cornering them hand munching. :v:

So, whats the crack with the filters and this photo you were going to get.
    I am running out of makeup applicators and these will do a great job! :eek:

No seriously .. do you still have them~

Yea they seem fine, I didnt go counting how many was left, did have a problem with some funny looking thing nibbling the tails off the guppies though, is this normal? I was also thinking of getting some of those tiger barbs one, would this be a good or bad idea? Im going to get my brother to sort out a picture to post up, he is the technical dude in the family, have it up soon, Regards

bubby wrote:
    Yeah - my boyfriend bought 5 Neons for my tank. I was on my way home from work.

"Quick Quick .. there is only 1 left".

The Parrot fish and the angelfish were cornering them hand munching. :v:

So, whats the crack with the filters and this photo you were going to get.
    I am running out of makeup applicators and these will do a great job! :eek:

No seriously .. do you still have them~

Sorry I'll get some pics up tonight
    Dam bluetooth stopped working on my fone but think i have it sorted now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

haha ,, Well Neons in the amazon are angels natural prey so ,,

Don`t See Why it Would change them being boxed in..

serves them With some thousand Island dressing

:D

also Tiger Barbs are evil little fin nippers its the Favourite pastime,, if getting any get at least 6 and they Will leave ( mostly) everyone else Alone And will be to busy getting at each other ....

rob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

also Tiger Barbs are evil little fin nippers its the Favourite pastime,, if getting any get at least 6 and they Will leave ( mostly) everyone else Alone And will be to busy getting at each other ....

I agree, I have fifteen Tiger Barbs together in my tank and they keep to themselves, I had thirty at one stage but had to lose a few as my nitrate levels were creeping up.

Any fish that will fit into another fishes mouth is potentially dinner.
    Neons are so over bred that they are now a very week species, Most people i know cant keep them alive for long at all, bar the odd one or two.
    I kept them years ago but i cant stand them now.:D

Yeah, if you get about 6 tiger barbs like I have), then you are guaranteed to have at least one snogging session at any one time. :v: :v:

We had bogwood as the main feature in our tank but the water became very dirty, even though 10% is changed weekly, we were told to steep the bogwood in water for 48 hours and return it to the tank, the same problem. Would anyone have any suggestions as we dont want to throw it away as it looks fantastic

Its not dirt, its the tanins bing released from the wood. Its actually totally harmless and some fish love it. A friend of mine buys a new piece of bog wood evey so often when the tanins run out because he loves the browny look it gives.

You can soak it for longer or else just wait untill it runs out, its not that long.
    You could get a charcoal pouch and put it in your filter and that clears it up over night.

Hope this helps :D

I will try to get the filters and if that does not work out I will steep it longer, thanks man

€15 for the lot cost over 30 and still have the prices on them
    Also have other spares for that filter
    k9c0sx.jpg
    k9c12v.jpg

Try resize the picture mate, its huge :eek:

Advertisement