Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote kick, Every happen to you.

Options
  • 10-01-2006 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was playing some BF2 last night on an EA ranked server and having the game of my life ( well almost ) and next thing I see is a failed vot to kick me. Luckily I was playing with a few of my Clan mates who spotted it and voted no. I had the top score on the server, Tk`ed no one, TW`ed no one and Vechicle damaged no one. I may have drove off the odd time without filling my jeep but that would have been the worst of it. The only other reason I could think of for a vote kick was some guy knifed me while i was on an AA gun, I spawned back in and knifed him back but that was very early in the round.

Does this happen a lot when yer on top of the score board, or just in general. Still I always find it funny when there are 6 players on a server with -<{1st-IB}>- tags and some one tried to vote them out. Do they think a vote can suceed with that many clan members on the server. " Kick me and i`ll get all me mates after ya"

So have you been that soilder?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I have never seen a successful vote kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

yeah, and in similar instance to yourself.
    Was on Wake Island having the best medic round ever, but also killing a lot of enemy from my trusty grenade throws.
    Noticed the kick-vote come up (as it seems to do every second in a public server).. but this time my name was in it.
    Guy who was trying to vote me out was on the opposite team and gave no reason.
    Didn't bother me, as I've never seen a kick vote be successful... there's always a good few who dont vote or vote no, even if you tell them they are blatant tk'ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I did recievce one once. Guy was acting the pr*ck, driving around the airbase in a much needed APC waiting on a plane and blocking any guys that got to a plane before him. Decided to C4 the APC, unfortunately as i did, he must've been a squad leader, because 3 guys spawned in the apc as i clicked, and even more unfortunate he was a member of a clan and there was at least 12 of them on the server, so bye bye me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Just some nobs who aren't fond of being shown up on their own server.
    Its my ball and your not playing etc. comes to mind...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Exactly....

The most annoying IMHO is maybe 10 minutes into a game and there isn't a commander and it's clear that the team needs one. Sometimes I'll take up the job and seconds later there's a munity vote !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

had my first failed vote kick the other night started by some clan n00b who kept klying his helicopter into the one i was a gunner in. Called him a wanker. none of his clan mates backed him up and he was gone when the map changed. cant remember what server or clan though:rolleyes:.
    actually how do you start a kick vote against someone?

Ponster wrote:
    Exactly....

The most annoying IMHO is maybe 10 minutes into a game and there isn't a commander and it's clear that the team needs one. Sometimes I'll take up the job and seconds later there's a munity vote !

Had that too, i usually locate the fool who started the mutiny and arty him just to piss him off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

pure jealously......A good deterrent would be a failed vote kick results in the muppet in question getting kicked....hence it only gets done when everyone agrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭IG-Calibre

Yeah I get them all the time when I fly...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

you arent having a good game unless someone votes to kick you from the other team.

the funniest one is when someone starts a mutiny vote near the end so you dont get double points, its usually the person who would have had the gold before you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Happened to me last night. There was no commander for about 5mins, and I didn't want to become one, as I was in a squad with mates.

I ask anyone if they want to be commander. Repeat the question. Leave it about 2 mins, repeat the questing, get p1ssed off and apply.

I was commander about 30seconds when this muppet tries a mutiny. Spanner.
    Next map, someone else goes for commander, and he's at it again. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

jaggeh wrote:
    the funniest one is when someone starts a mutiny vote near the end so you dont get double points, its usually the person who would have had the gold before you.

You know jaggeh, I had never thought of that but it makes so much sense now !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Ive seen failed votes to kick people then they turn around and start one against the person that tried to get them kicked and they actually get kicked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

what usually happens is this

* Muppet A starts a vote to kick you for whatever reason is in his head.
    * Vote Fails because as we know votes dont work.
    * Muppet B sees the vote and thinks OMG THAT GUY MUST BE BAD and starts another vote
    * Muppet C repeats
    * you start a vote against Muppet A because you are getting pissed off
    * Vote Fails because as we know votes dont work.
    * Muppet B sees the vote and thinks OMG THAT GUY MUST BE BAD and starts another vote
    * Muppet C repeats
    * Muppet D thinks Muppet C is a noob and starts a Vote

and so on and so on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I have seen votes work but not very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

ive seen them but they never work , but was playing on a Clan server and i got Team killed by a guy who kept killing people on his side in a chopper i punsihed him and got a kick straight away off the server , must have being a admin on that server , but because of this me clan which 5 of us were playign there left too :D

team killing i normaly forgive as it most of the time a misshap , but he kept killing people

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

I was playing Warlord the other night and having quite a good game. I had captured 1 of the flags in the palace and so the usual close quarters battle ensued between the two teams in the palace. The other flags were 50/50 between the teams. At one point we were pushed back into the hallway. I started defending the hall waiting for some backup to spawn and killed a lot of enemies so a vote was started to kick me because they couldn't get by me.

But it gets funnier. Instead of the usual silence and repeated attempts at the kick vote one guy actually asked why the vote was started and the answer was...........'Base camping'!!!

Technically that's correct I was in the base area when I killed the guy 4 times in a row. Never mind that it was my base, and I was defending it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Well I got kicked one time. Reason: Well I was on Karkland and one of the server mods was in tank. I spotted a jeep heading for the base flag so hopped into one and followed him. Caught up and took him out just before flag. Checked around flag for anyone else and went off to go back to hotel flag to thick of action. Anyway on way down spots tank has spawned. Hop out of jeep and take tank and off down road.....about 1 min later get.

Server mod: Who the f**k has the tank?
    Me: I do
    Server: bring it back here NOW
    (now I was over at flag in fight)
    Me: Why I got it when spawned over at hotel flag in fight
    Server: Bring it back or your kicked its MY tank
    Me: LOL u serious? wat age are you 2?
    Server: Dont f**king piss me off bring it back
    (this stage loads of people typing up messages taking the piss)
    Me: Your a bleep bleep bleep. Kick me if you want but everyone seen your a beep beep

20 secs later.....kicked.......ahh the joys of public servers

Big Nelly wrote:
    Well I got kicked one time. Reason: Well I was on Karkland and one of the server mods was in tank. I spotted a jeep heading for the base flag so hopped into one and followed him. Caught up and took him out just before flag. Checked around flag for anyone else and went off to go back to hotel flag to thick of action. Anyway on way down spots tank has spawned. Hop out of jeep and take tank and off down road.....about 1 min later get.

Me: Your a bleep bleep bleep. Kick me if you want but everyone seen your a beep beep

do me a fvour and find that server name so i never go on it...
    Thats what a bit of power does to some pimple faced loser playing bf2 all day long...

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Big Nelly wrote:

aye id love to know the server name too , but ive seen aload of names they seem to camp the tanks and planes all the time , and will shoot you if you try take them sad ,

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote:

Christ thats the most childish thing i've ever heard, even worse than the fools who won't take off in the chopper unless their clanmate is in as gunner. give me the server name too.

Said it before i got kicked by punkbuster for using thw word "idiot", which is funny because before that i called my team "f***'in morons" because 7 of them were waiting on planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Was playin on PTG city maps last night or night before. Jaggeh joined too just around when this happened. Anyhow, I was MEC & was a squad goin for the USA Chopper base on Mashturr, so was waitin at one of the 2 spawns with my trusty support machine gun mowin people down when they spawn. (yeah spawn campin but was just to cut of re inforcements so our guys could take flag) Anyhow this guy initiates a kick vote on me. Was like WTF???? Votin me cuz i killed u, lame. Anyhow, after it fails look for him but couldnt find his actual name but accidently voted his clan mate who was on my team as thought it was him maybe & wasnt cuz i killed him. Anyhow, he starts sayin why kickin, said sorry but was ment to be the guy that tried to kick me for no reason, so basically whole round goin tryin to kick each other, lol. Jaggeh started a vote when came on , musta hit yes & it auto voted next time :rolleyes: Coiencidently i got gold either the round before think it was , or coulda been that round :D

Anyhow, round or 2 later , people start tryin to kick one of the PTG members off. Dont think he seemed to bothered about it but hadda laugh at it. Tryin to kick you of own server like :rolleyes: I think its a good server btw, just nice to have no votes :) Should have opt out of voting as a default.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Big Nelly wrote:

i say that if ye remember the server and his name that ye post it here and some night we all log on to that server, start as AT guys, join his team or better his squad and tk him whenever he gets in "his" tank till we're all kicked. oh and use FRAPS to record his comments.
    become a BF2 vigilante group!!!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Christ thats the most childish thing i've ever heard, even worse than the fools who won't take off in the chopper unless their clanmate is in as gunner. give me the server name too.

I got into the gunner seat of the combat helicopter but to my surprise he wasn't taking off. Then there was another person infront of us waiting to get on, then suddenly the pilot said to get out! I was thinking yeah first come first serve. But he waited so long I just go bored and killed the guy waiting just to simply piss him off. Then I got kicked out of the room :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Zen 2nd wrote:
    I got into the gunner seat of the combat helicopter but to my surprise he wasn't taking off. Then there was another person infront of us waiting to get on, then suddenly the pilot said to get out! I was thinking yeah first come first serve.
    same happened to me on Sharqi Peninsula.. was MEC and just got in as gunner when pilot kept screaming "Bail out!!" and refused to take off.
    His clan mate let off a few AT at the chopper for me to get the message, but I wasnt movin.
    He then got the Vodnik / van and started to fire at the chopper... but this only ran up a huge "team damage" score and he was kicked!
    Then some other member, who saw what was going on, sniped out the pilot and then went flying with me!
    I love karma..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭EOA_Mushy

whiskeyman wrote:
    Then some other member, who saw what was going on, sniped out the pilot and then went flying with me!
    I love karma..

Now id love too see their faces at that... lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

If you get kicked off a ranked server does the points you earned up to theat point go towards ranking. Imaging getting kicked with a score over 100 and loosing it? Any one know if this happens.

How many times have you been kicked, ive been kicked about 12 times, who is the worst in here for kicks?

8 kicked no bans. Anyone here banned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Scruff wrote:
    i say that if ye remember the server and his name that ye post it here and some night we all log on to that server, start as AT guys, join his team or better his squad and tk him whenever he gets in "his" tank till we're all kicked. oh and use FRAPS to record his comments.
    become a BF2 vigilante group!!!

Yeah I wish I remember but it was some random UK server. I joined it a few days later for the crack but when loading onto the server and you have the usual clan advertisement they all of a sudden had about 5-6 rules on the server and if you broke one you where getting kicked.

First one was
    *Not allowed take vehicles on someone else(not exact wording)

I just laughed and disconnected. You will know it if you join. There is a list of rules. Most be a real group of f**kin a**holes in that clan!

• Advertisement

RopeDrink wrote:
    Anyways, as soon as I jumped (once) and landed on my feet, there was no way I was going to survive seeing as I was merely a Support Class, so I dash at him full on. Poor git started retreating, which is funny, as there was nothing I could have done, but he eventually nailed me. As I'm waiting for the 15 seconds to roll by, low and behold I get kicked // banned for BUNNYHOPPING!

It's gets more and more childish all the time, what the f were you going to do him, kill him by making him dizzy? Hate these fools who use the word "noob", and keep using the bunnyhopping or noobtubeing excuse as to why they get killed.

Advertisement