Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Scotland Jobs in Dundalk

Options
  • 10-01-2006 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

Anyone know anything about this?

I wouldn't mind working there coz I'm sick of going up to Dublin and more time in sa leaba in the morning.

What type of jobs and what type of cash.

Please don't just put a link to BoS's website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Been there , done that wore the Tshirt , Didnt enjoy working for the company at all. It seems to be the overal feel of the place as well . Also in dundalk they are call center base. They do however pay very good compared to other employers in dundalk.

This is just my opinion about the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

I'd say they'll have a bank in the town too... they are opening 46 branches in Ireland.. one every 10 days from today onwards. It sounds like a nice job... site on yer hole answering phones for a good wage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

In all the old ESB shops....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 girseach

Hi

Had applied for the position of business processing administrator with bank of Scotland and they rang me to attend an aptitude test last week but the wages are only €22000 which would mean taking a drop in wages :eek: so decided to hold out for something better. They were also advertising for customer advisors before Christmas but not sure if the job is still available or what the wages were.

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

awh is that all? damn it!! i'll stick with me €100 a week job and €100 a month grant!! well... i suppose i'm not exactly qualified either so......

• Advertisement

girseach wrote:
    Hi

Had applied for the position of business processing administrator with bank of Scotland and they rang me to attend an aptitude test last week but the wages are only €22000 which would mean taking a drop in wages :eek: so decided to hold out for something better. They were also advertising for customer advisors before Christmas but not sure if the job is still available or what the wages were.

Hope this helps

For the exact same job that i was offered i was offered €27,500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 DaisyD

There's a branch opening in Drogheda, in the old ESB shop in West Street very shortly, a lot closer than Dublin, if you're interested ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭mise_me_fein_V2

Where would you go about applying for these jobs? BoS's website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Bank of Scotland is retraining ESB Shop staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

You're a bit late tbh.

Most of the call centre positions were filled months ago. I know this because I worked in Vodafone, and a lot of people left there to go to Bank Of Scotland. But that was months ago.

• Advertisement

embee wrote:
    You're a bit late tbh.

Most of the call centre positions were filled months ago. I know this because I worked in Vodafone, and a lot of people left there to go to Bank Of Scotland. But that was months ago.

False all situations have not been filled , here is the link for anyone that is interested http://www.irishjobs.ie/Member.asp?Mid=1589

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Okay well...

Explain to me how it is that a colleague of mine in Vodafone applied last week only to be told vacancies had been filled for the forseeable....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 DaisyD

BOS in Drogheda are retraining some of the ESB staff according the paper, I'd apply anyway, no doubt vacancies will come up in the next couple of months. People often move into these jobs not knowing what's ahead of them and leave shortly after joining. Nothing ventured nothing gained, you've nothing to lose... Good luck if you do apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

If these guys start opening on a saturday morning I'll drop BoI like a shot.

embee wrote:
    Okay well...

Explain to me how it is that a colleague of mine in Vodafone applied last week only to be told vacancies had been filled for the forseeable....

I don’t have to explain anything to you. the above link proves that they are recruiting, You colleague maybe wasn't good enough for a job there? They are actively-recruiting FACT!

Advertisement