Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paintball team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Searcher

To fill a co2 bottle you need a filling adapter or a filling station. The filling adapter costs around 10e. Its a little piece of metal with threads on both sides, one for the co2 bottle and one for the big bottle.
    Or a filling station(little bit more expensive) a little bit more advanced and comfortable. Both will require to put the big bottle upside if it has no siphon tube (not common).
    A siphon tube (maybe the name is wrong but technically it is correct) allow the liquid co2 to flow into your small bottle without turning it upside down. Again, both types will work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Optimus

Any update of someone getting a license?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

hey searcher, any places i can get this station other than online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Searcher

If you know both threadsizes you could go looking for it or ebay maybe.
    I have to check my stuff in germany. maybe i still have one of the simple adapters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 a-bomb

if our team runs a trails day would many of you guys turn up. It would be on some sunday bring your own kit (if you have any).

• Advertisement

thanks searcher, and i wouldnt really want to get one on ebay

so any1 up for playing on our team, or entering in a competition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 baptiste

Hi A-bomb, I would be interested to enter your team, I sent you a pm
    about it. I dont have my paintball equipment yet, if you tell me when and where you train Ill be able to come

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Was considering buying a marker allrite, was looking at a Tippmann A5 with Flatline barrell. Saw a UK site you can order them from.. but heard it is pretty much luck-of-the-draw with customs. A few of us go twice a month to Roundwood.. gonna go to Crossfire in Wicklow the week after next also.

As for actully joining a team, with a bit more practice I'd consider it, or forming our own.. closer to home.

Would love to get my own Marker soon, as sick of using guns that have had the bollix knocked out of them.. When I was in Roundwood the other day.. the barrell fell off the gun...

Must ask the guards what the story is.. I doubt it is very straight forward
    TK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

www.oklahomadday.com

d-day is coming this year again for the serious paintballer with money it is the largest paintballing game in the world spanning 7 days and night reinactinfg the d_day landing's man if anyone loves paint ball and can go i highly recommend this

• Advertisement

hey nemesis any idea where to get co2 tank filled, u should think about that before getting one, i know a place in north now taht may fill mine

ilbe able to use my marker again:) hopefully

nemesis, if u ship it by boat customs wont get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 killerspec

Abomb.

I am in the midlands and have been looking to get a team going this side of ireland. I know that owning your own equipment aint cheap but to hell with the cost.

Is there a league in ireland and if so where can one get a set of rules that one needs to adhere to. I am South african whom has been in the country for about 3 years and miss the game.

If there aint a league here maybe we should get our think caps on and start one.

hey killer spec, if you find any locations where you can get co2 cannisters fillled up, let me know:)

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

Hey guys
    jus a quick message to check out our paintball website. at the minute its just for our college but i am planning on setting up a team later on in life. Any suggestoins for the site would be great.
    There are very few paintball only sites out there.

Cheers, richie

• Registered Users Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The only paintball site you're ever likely to need: http://www.warpig.com/

Getting a licence to own a marker isn't difficult tbh.

I think the paintball club in NUI, Galway has fallen into disarray at this stage. Apparently it was just too expensive a hobby for your average student. Until the Insurance companies stranglehold is released, PB will only ever be an expensive pursuit for stag parties and once off weekends away. It's a pity cos it was the first sport I truly loved :(

paintball is not that expensive we pay €50pp and we get 400 paintballs each and if we want to get more xtra balls they are only €7.50 per 100.
    Thats not bad comapred to some paintball sites prices.

I would say if there is a large group say 50+ im sure our local site would do a deal.

T.

Hey guys,
    I am a bit late in the reply, but i dont use boards.ie very much.
    Firstly, my name is Richie, i am a co founder of the DIT Bolton St. Paintball Society here in dublin. We have about 450 members (making us of the largest, if not the largest paintball societies/clubs in ireland) and we go paintballing often to Urban Paintball in santry, skirmish in Roundwood and once to Crossfire. We jus use the field guns.
    We are currently the all ireland-college champions of speedball, the competition held by trinity a few weeks ago (8th april).

Any way, i am planning to host the competiton again next year, except spice up the whole competition a bit. The spice being in the form of gething a certain t.v station to help with the sponsorship while making a documentary (thus helping the sport of paintball grow in ireland), gething all brand new makers and equipment from a certain company so every one uses the same, quality equipment and using all tournament grade paint, all sponsored of course.

The idea being that if this model works, then we can approach people and paintball fields around the county to enter a team for the first all ireland speedball competition and then from this go on to develop a national team from the best in the country.

Its a simple idea but there is a lot of work yet to do.

On another note, I have just order a Tippmann A5 from the net. www.xtremez.com/paintball being the site i used. I have being searching loads of sites and they seem to be the cheapest and the easyest to use regards ordering and finding out shipping costs. Any hoe, i will have my own marker and will be interested in joining a team, a bit closer to home doh.

Rite ive written enough.
    check out our site http://www.boltonstreetpaintball.com and let me know what you think.

Cheers

ditpaintabll, where do you get markers filled up with co2? only place I found near to west of ireland is in ulster, alot of paintabll places wont fill my tank up

On another note, I have just order a Tippmann A5 from the net. www.xtremez.com/paintball being the site i used. I have being searching loads of sites and they seem to be the cheapest and the easyest to use regards ordering and finding out shipping costs. Any hoe, i will have my own marker and will be interested in joining a team, a bit closer to home doh.

Rite ive written enough.
    check out our site http://www.boltonstreetpaintball.com and let me know what you think.

Cheers
    Eh.......do you have a license mate?
    Cause if you dont you could potentially be done for gun smuggling.

do you have to get license before getting gun, or can you won one and get license?

• Advertisement

shortys94 wrote:
    do you have to get license before getting gun, or can you won one and get license?
    If customs stop it coming through you must have a license as far as i know.

Yea but say if someone had a marker already, could hey get license? Like just get the license and then you can use marker ? What does the license actually give you the right to do?

according to the garda, i just need a letter from a club to say that you are just going to use it in certain places etc. i can write that for my self, cause we go paintballing about once a month with DIT.
    Then the usual stuff for a gun license, she wasnt clear on what that was doh. Im going to my local station in the moring to sort it out and ill let you know. I havent got the gun yet. It's still in shipping. I should have it on thur via. UPS so ill let ye know how it goes.

alright youll probably have to present license to UPS as they ckeck the packages mostly, I may get license as does it mean I could use a marker in any field??

it all depends on the field. Some will be fussy, trowing insurance reason at you. Saying that you will turn up the velocity and hurt people. But then tell them to just get a chronograph and test your speed and set it to what ever they want. Also you have to see if you can use the air or co2 that the field use, but that shouldnt be a problem.

I go paintballing about every two weeks.
    I have been to Santry Urban Paintball, Skirmish in Roundwood , and Crossfire in Glenageary (Outside Enniskerry).

I didn't think Santry was all that good to be honest, guns were not in good nick.. and it's basically a Green.. with burned out cars.. (nothing new there). Allthough John is good craic, and Rory the other guy that was working there at the time was sound, I wouldn't really go back in a hurry. I hear Rory has opened a new place.. not sure exactly where it is could be in Laois. I'l head there for a trip allright.

I went to Skirmish in Roundwood a good few times, the guns are a bit .. wobbily, and the marshalls aint all that great... but seem nice enough guys. An awful lot of cheating goes on, and the marshalls don't seem to be in the right place at the right time, also if anything goes wrong with yor gun.. the maintence is terrible.. using twigs and sticks to hold on hoppers. A barrell fell off my gun up there.. First capture the flag game is good though.. specially if its muddy..

Crossfire is where I go mostly now, every two weeks or more.. depending on time.. money.. etc. Guns are solid, and the marshalls really know how to mantain them, have never realy had much trouble with guns there. A friend of mine has though.. I think he is just a bit of a lady to be honest.. he went through five guns. There seems to be a few newer Marshalls there lately, who seem a small bit clueless, about posistioning themselves, rules, boundries etc. Out of curiousity.. any idea what kinda pay these guys get ?

But the good Marshalls there, will do paint checks and genrally give out **** to cheaters.. that being said I was there Saturday, and there was one group in particular who cheated consistantly from the first whistle. There was guys coming in at the end of a games covered in paint.. and yet miracously still had their two arm bands. Nothing pisses me off more, it's such a waste of money. Specially when you've hit them a lovely clean shot.. and then they return 20 shots screaming 'Your hit! Your hit!'. I aint gonna even say anymore about it, it is the worst part of paintball. Just make sure when you get them next time.. make it count.. couple of shots in the back of someones knees is a lovely thing.

As for the law regarding the markers. I have talked to 3 Garda Sergants so far who haven't seem to have a clue. dtpaintball.. if you have 450 members, could you not start some kind of petition for clearer legislation? One Garda advised me, to buy it in the UK.. throw it into my suitcase and bring it back.. this would be my 'best option' in his opinion. I was advised though, that you would need a shotgun licence with the S/N of the marker on the licence.. they never said anything about getting a letter from where you do paintball.. allthough I could see the benifits.. same as joining a gun club.

Far as I know Crossfire is starting Tornament games.. with five man teams.. At the moment I need one more member. Should be good craic.. will be a learning experience anyways.. 1 shot kills, head shots count , and so do hits on the gun.. I don't know what way they are gonna run it though. I think it is going to be on Wednesday evenings.

As for getting me own gun.. I will have to wait and see. Will be Tippmann A5 though. I would have thought the A5 would not be great for X ball, would you not want something.. lighter.. and faster? Is there even an X ball pitch in Ireland ?

TK (13th May next Outing, if you feel like shooting me)

I thought that the guns in urban were the best of skirmish and crossfire. Mainly due the fact that they are newer and they keep the tanks fairly fun with compressed air, unlike skirmish where your gun starts farting and the end of nearly game as you run out of gass.

I am going to write to the commisioner and the head of the customs after my little import experiment is over to see if they can clear up the whole paintball gun license issue, seperate them from the air rifle catagory and loosen it all up a bit. Its very strange, as a sport it has a very high insurance premium but there is probelly the less amount of accients during a game (save a few small bruises). but nobody loses an eye, breaks any bones.

Also, i choose the A5 due to the fact that it so so flexible.and with the cyclone feed system, you never chop a ball or will need an electronic loader. as for the weight, i have a romote line, taking the tank off the gun alltogether. Also, for speedball, a small smart parts barrell or even the flatline is perfect for speedball and for woods ball such as skirmish, you can put on a sniper barrell for them clinical shots at range. Trow on the E-Grip then you got a fully automatic paintball gun trowing out up to 20balls a second.

i have a spyder, not sure on exact model ( that just shows you how long i havent found co2 for!!!!) definately gonna have to go to north soon for some

i meant was it alright to use marker in any ol field:P

If you go mostly to Santry.. with a Sniper barrell.. would it not be fairly handy.. to shoot from one end to the other... Is there something there I'm missing, while I was there, there was two bases.. over probably half the length of a football pitch.. do they open it up more ? Depending on numbers or what ?

I'l be getting pretty much stock A5, was gonna get a flatline barrell, and still might in the future.. but I tend to be in the thick of things.. I can't see the extra 100 or so ft making much difference to the way I play... _mind you_ the BT Apex Barrell looks like it could be fun .. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4383679 .

I was half thinking of starting an Irish Paintball Site aswell, when I get a bit of time.. reviews .. tornaments etc.. legislation...

TK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Illwill

Crossfire will fill Co2 tanks. We have mid-week 2 evenings provisionally booked in for June for some 5 man tournaments. So far we have 6 teams interested, some pretty old school pump players and some with serious tournament experience. If you have your own marker with a licence and let us chrono it there shouldnt be any problems using it, likewise goggles. I'll put up some details on the www.crossfire.ie soon.

Advertisement